Who serves the best hamburgers in Penasco?

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
This question is for a colleague of mine that is a lurker here and has forgotten her password. The only place I've eaten a hamburger in Penasco in the last 10 years is the Boo Bar and boy, them sliders are good! I was afraid to eat a hamburger for so many years after I ate one at MOAB. Yuck! It was sooooo bad! Anyway, throw out you favorite hamburger places for us.

I had one at Ricky's Wings which was located off the Las Conchas shortcut road (i don't know the name of the road) - it was located across the Corona Distributor - it was pretty good - i don't know if it's still open though.

Roberto

Max's Grille, across from Del Sol Hotel end of Calle 13, good sliders, burgers and fries. Bryans too, same family owns both. Regular Mexican ground beef seems to be ground finer than US style so the texture is different in a real Mexican hamburgesa. Yes, MOAB was completely disgusting.

GV Jack

Snorin God
Hamburgers in Mexico. Hamburgers in Mexico. Are you kidding me??? Don't talk to me about hamburgers in Mexico.

Sadly, I only get to RP about three times a year for about three to five days at a time, so I go for the shrimp, shrimp, shrimp.
I also leave with the gout, gout, gout. That along with teenagers is the price we pay for satisfaction, if you get my drift.

If we must talk hamburgers, I've only had one in my times there and it was at Black Dog. Thick, juicy like mom used to make them.
Is Black Dog open? Last two times I was there it was closed with the dreaded yellow tape and last time they were ripping it apart, inside.

I'm going back in August and plan on sneaking in some Bubbas Jalapeno laced frozen burgers to grill for lunch one day. They are a little expensive
but if cooked properly, very good. Then out at night for shrimp, shrimp,shrimp.

MIRAMAR

For your gout you can get Cochicine over the counter in Penasco! So eat that shrimp & enjoy! I can't help you w/ teenagers though.

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
I am making burgers today for lunch so I must make the best in town...lol really though Naomi and I will occasionally get a Star burger which are cheap and dang tasty 30 pesitos for a burger and fries.

InkaRoads

cronopiador
I do not usually eat beef in Penasco unless it is a mexican parrillada, however I have heard many people talk about how good "Erik's" burgers are and the variety he has, as mention before it is located on Calle 13 and Encinas in the south side of the road just by the traffic light.
The only other beef I eat in PP is what I call my peruvian hamburgers I have people liking their fingers for more when I cook them, but that is another story!!!