Why are we in the Middle East?

joanC

The reason used to be oil supply. That's no longer a major issue.

Why is the US taking sides in the ME? What if we withdrew everything and everyone, and let them settle their own differences?

I expect Arabic hatred of US would end within 6 months of our telling Israel we are no longer their warrior puppet, and we hope them the best!

rplarry

The reason used to be oil supply. That's no longer a major issue.

Why is the US taking sides in the ME? What if we withdrew everything and everyone, and let them settle their own differences?

I expect Arabic hatred of US would end within 6 months of our telling Israel we are no longer their warrior puppet, and we hope them the best!
that last paragraph is idioticly naive. That hate will never end no matter what you do Joan

btw, who has the best tamales in Rocky Point ?

haven't had a great beef or pork tamale in some time

playaperro

El Pirata
The best Tamales by the dozen to take out or take home to the othro lado are made by Mar Brisa you can find her on Facebook also does wedding and birthday cakes and catering.

Last edited:

Old55

Went to Afghanistan and Iran as a hippie kid before stuff got real.No guns no security .The trains and buses going over mountain passes , the spices ,the history and the sounds…echoing down through ancient cities……

joanC

It's too bad you need to see things only as black and white, with no gray areas. When you read and hear the New York news , a bit of scrutiny and discernment would be wise so you can identify the bias, agenda and motivation, if any.

You avoided the question: why is the US on this mission? Where's the benefit to America?

As well, you might enjoy reading history and learn how this land was Palestine for 2000 years until 1948.