"Why I Love Rocky Point" Photo Contest for Cash and Prizes

Kenny

Dang it Jerry. When you took that photo of me and Liza at Santo Thomas you promised you would never share it. (I'm the one on the left)
I have 2 Weeks off for Christmas Roberto, so if I come down can we have the dancing girls over again?

Jim

No problem with the sidetrack. It helps keep the thread current. I picked up the URL www.whyiloverockypoint.com so folks will be able to add and vote on photos. Manny Jr. is working on the technical side of things but that is where you will need to go when we start next month. Did I mention that we expect to have some REALLY good cash and other prizes? ... Sorry, I couldn't help it. When I brought this idea up to the big cheeses, they liked it, but said "I hope that we don't give that kind of money away if we only have 20 photos and 30 voters"...

Roberto

Do you plan to have categories, like for example, amature and professional ? Do you have prize amounts yet/

Jim

No catagories. Everyone can rate each photo one time from one to five stars. The program will only allow one vote per photo so you can come back as often as you like to see and vote on new ones. The photos will also have a title and story attached to them which may help influence voters. Contestants can promote their photos and enlist voters via Facebook, Twitter, their family and friends or anyone with internet access. The photo with the best rating will win. First prize will be $1000 US Dollars plus some other things that I am still working out. There will be very good prizes for 2nd and 3rd place as well. I haven't started asking sponsors to donate yet so we may be able to sweeten it quite a bit later. I should have things worked out by the end of the month so that we can officially start the first week of January. You will be able to access the contest from our website, www.sonoranresorts.mx or from www.whyiloverockypoint.com.

Roberto

Contest site not working?

Just tried to check the photos but no go. Got a message something like 'template files missing' . Is it me or my computer???

Jim

AAAHHH! I just confirmed the problem and sent up the flares. Presumably, it will be fixed soon.

Jim

Update:
My friend, and computer extraordinair Manny, has determined that the problem was due to an attempted hack to the site. Everything is back up and running now. No photos, votes, or data was lost. We have implemented additional security measures. Beware hacker, we are now looking for you. When we find you, I will out you publicly and do all within my sphere of influence to make you pay. When we find something, I'll post it here. Stay tuned...

Roberto

My money is on that notorious evil criminal mind, GV. I bet he has an entry and was trying to fudge the vote to win the grand.

GV Jack

Snorin God
My money is on that notorious evil criminal mind, GV. I bet he has an entry and was trying to fudge the vote to win the grand.
Can't be me, I was busy wandering the steets looking for little birds.

Besides my name is Hecker NOT HACKER. Hacker is the way I play golf, when I don't have a roaring gout attack in my wrist like I do now.

Screwed up my golf and my love life. :crybaby:

GV Jack

Snorin God
Naughty, naughty shame on your Chari.

I know what you're thinking and I sure could use a helping hand,
>
>
>
>
>
>
>