Word of Caution to ATV Riders***

playaperro

El Pirata
WASTEWATER TREATMENT PLANT IN THE HEART OF TOURIST DEVELOPMENTS AND DOUBT LOOK BAD CAUSE
September 9, 2011 Reprint from local paper

By: Hector Aldrete Germain
Puerto Penasco, Sonora
http://defrente.com.mx/2011/09/planta-tratadora-de-aguas-residuales-en-el-corazon-de-los-desarrollos-turisticos-causa-mal-aspecto-y-dudas/

A confusion has been going around a wastewater treatment plant in the area of tourism development, and that a leak in a heron that supplies water to the pipes, has created a kind of oxidation pond was the formed after the inhabitants of this city at this weekly denounce the above problem.
Because it created a lagoon and today you can see how the place is greening, vegging side of the plant and when from this water, as it secured a group of people who made ​​the complaint public, waste of tourism development called "Esmeralda", the perception of the leak which has long taken into the treatment plant is contaminated water, focus of infection and contamination of the area was imminent.
In response, responsible for the plant were visited by staff of the Health Regulation Department of the city to inspect the site and assess the problem and proceed to act in consequence of the findings.
As results of the inspection and by testing and explanation of the leak, which itself was able to discover the leak if it exists, but this water has been treated in the same plant, only that the heron has a leak and it is created a small lake, but that in itself is not causing any source of infection or contaminating the area, they said.
The wastewater treatment plant from developments can be found at a glance to the side of area of tourism development, more precisely against the development called "Esmeralda", which as noted, is responsible for this treatment plant processes and their waste through a sewer connected to municipal sewer supposedly.

Last edited:

mis2810

So there's some little lake of toxic waste water forming behind this spot at the end of Sandy Beach? http://www.esmeraldaresort.net/progress.html
This doesn't have anything to do with toxic water, but I don't "get" the whole Esmeralda thing. From the outside is has a modern vibe that I really like with the the blue tinted glass patio walls that remind me a little of Tessoro. But then inside it's all old world Mexican hacienda style with the cupola ceilings - it seems so contradictory to me.

This doesn't have anything to do with toxic water, but I don't "get" the whole Esmeralda thing. From the outside is has a modern vibe that I really like with the the blue tinted glass patio walls that remind me a little of Tessoro. But then inside it's all old world Mexican hacienda style with the cupola ceilings - it seems so contradictory to me.
Maybe they ran out of money and it was cheaper that way? OR, two completely different designers--too many cooks in the kitchen!

jerry

The "Name that Lake" contest has offically begun.First prize is a camp site next to said lake.
My Picks: "LAKE NOW IS A GOOD TIME TO BUY"
"SH*T LAKE
"LAKE WHO FARTED'

lagrimas85

AKA Carnac
The "Name that Lake" contest has offically begun.First prize is a camp site next to said lake.
My Picks: "LAKE NOW IS A GOOD TIME TO BUY"
"SH*T LAKE
"LAKE WHO FARTED'
The SH*T PIT or The POO POND -- Lets go catch some rich BassTurd's Jerry.

Roberto

Is Esmerelda open and operational? Anyone ever actually staying there? I had the impression that it was a completely stopped development with nothing completed?

El Gato

While walking on the beach we occasional see people there - or a cleaning crew. Not many of the units appear to be completed. It looks like it would be a beautiful place. Feel so sorry for those who purchased condos there - has to be difficult living in a place with cranes still towering in place - few people around and all those partly built units around you - or those that put up their money but who didn't even get their unit out of it. Would love to see someone come along and complete it. Donald jr., where are you????

Roberto

So if there is no one living there or staying there, where is the effluent coming from? Maybe it's just water?

People are living there, there even is a security check in. They are pretty well done, out of my price range. Only one of the towers is partially finished, This is one of SBR developments.
Last I heard SBR was waiting on a loan for (unfinished) Casa Blanca to get funded (another SBR Property) so they could continue work on both of these properties. As well as G. Brown's house in Cholla.
SBR has gone from the penthouse to the outhouse more than a few times, that I am aware of, hence the effluent.:sunny:

Is Esmerelda open and operational? Anyone ever actually staying there? I had the impression that it was a completely stopped development with nothing completed?
It's probably like the Tessoro condos over in Las Conchas....a few condos finished and sold.....