Working on a Federal Zone concession for my property

Playa Miramar is working on a concession from the Federal government that will allow the owners to acquire the Federal Zone in front of their properties. Have any of the other areas tried this or are they in the process?

jerry

not so great concept to make Mexicans mad at Americans...make the beaches private is just a bad idea.At Santo Tomas a beach area was setup to the south next to the fish camp so people can go to the beach.The development gives up some land (which there is plenty) and the people from town have a beach to hang at via a road that they don't get stuck on (well to often)

playaperro

El Pirata
Playa Miramar is working on a concession from the Federal government that will allow the owners to acquire the Federal Zone in front of their properties. Have any of the other areas tried this or are they in the process?
What are you planning on doing rope it off?

Roberto

I believe it is the case that anyone can acquire and pay for a 'use' concession on any piece of beach. It does not allow the concession owner to keep people off the beach but effectively prevents another party from buying the concession in front of your beach house for the purpose of erecting a taco stand or some such. Ask about the cost as it is additional to the Federal Zone tax you already pay. I think there is an initial fee to acquire it then there is an annual fee as well. I know of one person who has a large beachfront piece out along the coastal highway that though she needed the concession but it was costing her several thousand dollars per year so she is trying to cancel it. I have heard that La Conchas has attempted to require beachfront owners to acquire and pay for the concession. It seem to me that the odds of someone wanting the concession in front of a home on Playa Miramar to have a business are very small but if it is cheap you get that peace of mind.

playaperro

El Pirata
My understanding is that its just another surcharge just like a bank trust, who would want to set up a taco stand on a beachfront is beyond me.

Landshark

Another benefit is the concession establishes the location of the fed zone and prevents your structure from falling in the fed zone if it is relocated due to beach erosion.

playaperro

El Pirata
My primos neighbor suffered over 100 grand damage to his house without a sea wall and he had a concession on his property...

Landshark

I should have said encroaching in the fed zone. Property tax consequences! What happened to the neighbors house? A huge storm? That would really suck.

One more thing: we received a tax bill for the Federal Zone property even though we have not acquired it yet. From what I understand we would pay taxes for the property either way.

Roberto

One more thing: we received a tax bill for the Federal Zone property even though we have not acquired it yet. From what I understand we would pay taxes for the property either way.
Yes if you are beachfront there is a Federal Zone tax, every beachfront property gets that one irrespective of having a concession. The payments for the concession are in addition so you will pay two different taxes if you have a concession.

Landshark

We paid fees when applying for and receiving our concession, but do not pay add'l annual tax for the concession. We pay our property tax & fed zone tax. The fed zone tax did not increase after receiving the concession.