Works cart Kayak hauler conversion

Landshark

Well Known Member
That was a good find Jim, I just bought one.
Looks pretty good but I wonder if it has enough tire for the dry sand. Let us know how it works. Our 2-person kayak is heavy and a PITA to haul to the water and especially back to the casa.

JimMcG

Well Known Member
Looks pretty good but I wonder if it has enough tire for the dry sand. Let us know how it works. Our 2-person kayak is heavy and a PITA to haul to the water and especially back to the casa.
I have had one for some time and it works well since the tires can be hardened or softened for sand by adjusting the air pressure. As I and other reviewers have said, a better tie down strap would be advisable over uneven terrain.

JimMcG

Well Known Member
I own one and find it pretty annoying...always slips and for wide kayaks the stap adjustment is never quite right... Figure I can tow this one behing bike or atv
A ratchet type tie down strap is the key since the strap that comes with it will slip off. Placing the strap between the rims of the cockpit and the built in storage bin helps prevent it from sliding off the kayak also.

Cortez2

No I don't build them they are made by Bigfoot jet ski carts . They list for $580.00, will let mine go for $300