Would you take your newborn to Rocky Point?

Would you like your newborn to Rocky Point

• Yes

Votes: 21 75.0%
  • No

Votes: 7 25.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

tyler

I like pie.
Staff member
We live in Arizona, it's not like it's any hotter down there.... or is it? )

This time of year the problem is the humidity.
Agree with the humidity...and possible dehydration for the baby....although the locals survive, don't they????

I waited til my daughter was about 2 before bringing her down the first time.....

Mentiras y Traición

Sonoran Goddess
We all brought our kids down from the start and they did great. One big problem was mosquitos, and the flies if the wind was blowing toward the water. I think if he is cool and hydrated, and protected from bugs, he will love it. A little mosquito netting on his carrier will allow him to still see the sites, and I heard that a mixture of lemon and eucalyptus is a great bug defense. Google it and see if it is safe for little guys. And don't let a giant cockroach carry him away in the night!:shock::bunny:

Mentiras y Traición

Sonoran Goddess
Oh, and something to dab on the bites if he gets any. We used rubbing alcohol, but I would definitely ask the pediatrician. My youngest is 28 now!:desert:

Stupid question. Age of the individual has nothing to do with personal safety. Parents are responsible for the safety of their children, wherever they take their children.

falsent

I miss Duna's
We brought our daughter down at 3 months and again every other month since. I will be there next weekend with 4 families with kids under 2...they love it.

Encanto

If you have A/C I think you should be fine. For what it is worth, we brought all three kids down as new borns. Durning the nicest months, my wife would stay full time at our house at Encanto, and I would come down on Thrusday night and leave early on Monday. We had no A/C, so we were not there durning the summer. Best times of our lives (so far). This all ended once the kids started school. They are now 16, 15, 14. These kids have no allergies, and have never had any illness other than a cold once in a while. I contribute their good health to being outdoors and exposed to who knows what. Have fun with the kiddo, I can not believe how fast time is flying by.

Roberto

Stupid question. Age of the individual has nothing to do with personal safety. Parents are responsible for the safety of their children, wherever they take their children.
Hmmm, maybe your name should be Cactus Jack, too prickly and you talk like another popular member
we don't hear much from anymore. Was he permanently banned?

Did you see anything in the question about "personal safety"???? Stupid response!!!

My daughter was born preemie....and had respiratory problems. I've also had a bout of dehydration when I came down a couple of times during the summer months when it is very humid....you don't realize how much you are losing in the way of fluids, and I thought I was drinking enough (and no, not alcohol!!!). That would be the only reason that I might be concerned with a newborn.

InkaRoads

cronopiador
Has been said before and I do agree, as long as you take certain precautions, water, shade, mosquito net, etc. he should be fine, just remember it is still the Sonora Desert so no more than 3 minutes in the sun for the baby in full clothing and sunscreen but for sure you needs to play with your son in the sand getting some sun!!

Cabo

Spanish Mackerrel
Tyler, do you have friends you want to show off baby to? The Pic is very Cute!!!!

At <1 year this trip is not for him but for you. I am sure he will have no memory of this, all he wants is to be close to you and especially Mom.
Location for baby is not relevant, for baby it is all smell of parents at this age and comfort. Someone mentioned giving vison to the sea??? A baby does not even know his hands exist until about 90 days and at about 6 months start to coordinate eye to movement.

http://www.gurgle.com/articles/Guide_To_Baby_/22816/Baby_Milestones_Eyesight_.aspx

Kenny

What's up with you this time Jack? Not only are you still not smilin, you're now calling people stupid. Why don't you just lighten up smiley.:ham:
you talk like another popular member
we don't hear much from anymore.
Yes Roberto, old smiley here seems to have the same social problems as the Catus. What do you think, just another run of the mill sociopath, or maybe worse?:roll:

Last edited:

flagjay

Do you have a new baby, had no idea. Can you give us some info? And like the others, dehydration and humidity is a real problem in RP during the warmer months. Also watch those tiny little black bugs if you are outside on the beach, they can be terrible. a.

Status
Not open for further replies.