" Wrecked "

jaime grande

Our Love Shack
For you who have been coming to RP for some time, you remember the old Reef Bar ! Well you need to come by and check out the new Wrecked at the Reef . New decor ! new paint ! new food ! Wrecked is warm, friendly and the fish basket is to die for !!! We will make " wrecked at the Reef " our new place to eat, drink and be merry. Hope to see you there!

Last edited:

Wldcat10

Were goin down to RP in a couple of weeks. Where is Wrecked located? How do I get there? We will be staying on Sandy beach.

cholla

Were goin down to RP in a couple of weeks. Where is Wrecked located? How do I get there? We will be staying on Sandy beach.
The Reef is on Sandy Beach, if you are in the condos, head west like you are going to Cholla then turn towards the water when you hit the stop sign. you will run right into it.

A left at the park exit, and then another left at the next road....follow that around past all the condos....out to the Reef RV park and the big hole (Thunder on the Beach track)....Wrecked at the Reef is right next door to the Reef RV Park...if you've been coming to Penasco for any length of time, it's where the old Reef Bar used to be

AZJD

Wrecked At The Reef is my favorite bar in all of Rocky Point. The remodel to it is incredible. Great food. The staff there is a great group of people. The house band, La Merca, is top notch and is so good they would be booked 7 days straight if they were in Scottsdale.

mis2810

AZJD - is Jaime still the drummer for La Merca? My BIL used to be in a band with him in Phoenix called Tzolkin. Haven't seen La Merca since 2009 when they were playing on the weekends at that place across from the Oxxo just before the railroad tracks on No Reelecion on the way to the condos.

Does Wrecked have a DJ or just live bands? At night is it a dance club too?

AZJD

AZJD - is Jaime still the drummer for La Merca? My BIL used to be in a band with him in Phoenix called Tzolkin. Haven't seen La Merca since 2009 when they were playing on the weekends at that place across from the Oxxo just before the railroad tracks on No Reelecion on the way to the condos.

Does Wrecked have a DJ or just live bands? At night is it a dance club too?
Not sure....I know the lead singer's name is Manuel.

They don't really have a DJ, but during band breaks they fire up the laptop and play the current pop hits on the radio. It's not a dance club at all. But the dance floor is packed at night when the band plays.

If you want a dance club you have to venture into the old part of town to go to Ice Box or Elixir. Ice Box is full of mostly 18 year old local kids. I'm only 28 years old and my wife and I were disgusted at that place....probably never will go back.

I've never actually been to Elixir when it's up and running to comment. I've been inside of it at the beginning of the night and decided to leave because it was too early. I know Elixir is the "upscale" dance club though.

mis2810

Not sure....I know the lead singer's name is Manuel.

They don't really have a DJ, but during band breaks they fire up the laptop and play the current pop hits on the radio. It's not a dance club at all. But the dance floor is packed at night when the band plays.

If you want a dance club you have to venture into the old part of town to go to Ice Box or Elixir. Ice Box is full of mostly 18 year old local kids. I'm only 28 years old and my wife and I were disgusted at that place....probably never will go back.

I've never actually been to Elixir when it's up and running to comment. I've been inside of it at the beginning of the night and decided to leave because it was too early. I know Elixir is the "upscale" dance club though.
I love Elixir. I've had lots of fun there. It's the only true semi-upscale nightclub in PP. 90% locals - good vibe - good music all night long.

Haven't been to Ice Box - from your description doesn't sound like I'll be going there soon. I don't mind locals - in fact I'd rather that than the gringo places - but don't like smelly! There's a place called Barra Vieja that's all locals that has a good salsa, cumbia band, but the bathrooms stink also and I can't handle it.

lagrimas85

AKA Carnac
I love Elixir. I've had lots of fun there. It's the only true semi-upscale nightclub in PP. 90% locals - good vibe - good music all night long.

Haven't been to Ice Box - from your description doesn't sound like I'll be going there soon. I don't mind locals - in fact I'd rather that than the gringo places - but don't like smelly! There's a place called Barra Vieja that's all locals that has a good salsa, cumbia band, but the bathrooms stink also and I can't handle it.
Barra vieja closed Melissa and Elixer has changed to, I think they are trying to get an older clientel, as in Black Dog and have hired the old Black Dog karioke guy. About as much fun as sitting around watching paint dry. It seemed like a bunch of drunk hillbillys before at the Black Dog.

Roberto

Barra Vieja is now in the old Patron location on Matamoros. Same guy running it as before. Also Thunder on The Beach bar now opening in the Old Italian place location right on the Malecon. Live Music.

Last edited:

mis2810

Barra vieja closed Melissa and Elixer has changed to, I think they are trying to get an older clientel, as in Black Dog and have hired the old Black Dog karioke guy. About as much fun as sitting around watching paint dry. It seemed like a bunch of drunk hillbillys before at the Black Dog.
NO!!! Elixir was the only place there was for me to go! Where do all the local "fresas" go to dance then? Maybe it's still good certain nights of the week. I can't imagine they would have done away with money making nights to change it to drunk hillbillies singing karaoke???

mis2810

Barra Vieja is now in the old Patron location on Matamoros. Same guy running it as before. Also Thunder on The Beach bar now opening in the Old Italian place location right on the Malecon. Live Music.
Is the new Barra Vieja cleaner than the old one? I loved the band - didn't like the smell of urine that came with it.

lagrimas85

AKA Carnac
NO!!! Elixir was the only place there was for me to go! Where do all the local "fresas" go to dance then? Maybe it's still good certain nights of the week. I can't imagine they would have done away with money making nights to change it to drunk hillbillies singing karaoke???
Like I said before, You know your're a hillbilly, if your wife can climb a tree, faster than your cat can. As far as the jotito's, I don't know where they go now to dance.

Roberto

Like I said before, You know your're a hillbilly, if your wife can climb a tree, faster than your cat can. As far as the jotito's, I don't know where they go now to dance.
Revolution usually has several at the bar. They plan on hosting a Tranny night soon !! Lagrimas, do you still have that blond wig ?? I can't find that bright blue lipstick anywhere in town ?? Kenny in the fish scarin outfit would be very popular!!

lagrimas85

AKA Carnac
Revolution usually has several at the bar. They plan on hosting a Tranny night soon !! Lagrimas, do you still have that blond wig ?? I can't find that bright blue lipstick anywhere in town ?? Kenny in the fish scarin outfit would be very popular!!
My nephew came to Penasco, a couple weeks ago and went out alone, when he came home early in the morning, I asked him how it went. He said "Uncle Billy, I had my first sexual experience last night in Puerto Penasco. I said "Sit down nephew. He said " I can't Uncle Billy."