www.jetpurple.mx

El Gato

Jet Purple has another web site dedicated to Penasco - Puerto Penasco Founders' Club (it is in progress). They are interested in finding out what dates/times would be best - they could also be adjusted for big holidays. One plane is designated for Penasco - if more are needed, like for major weekends, they could be provided. It seats 18. They will also shuttle from Sky Harbor if 4 or more in the group (not sure yet if there would be a charge).

Also check out Home

Kea

I have family in Austin that might like to visit Peñasco if the flight schedules work out right!

El Gato

I have family in Austin that might like to visit Peñasco if the flight schedules work out right!
They were asking a couple of our board members what days they thought would be good. AeroMexico is Thursday and Sunday out of Vegas. Perhaps Friday late afternoon and returning Monday morning? Would give a long weekend. They are open to suggestions at this point and could also change the schedule down the line if needed.

dry heat

Pigeon coup coordinator
My suggestion is they make a presentation to every resort and development in penasco. get the HOA's to add a section in their monthly or bi-monthly newsletter about their service.

Miakko

would love to see them offer flights that are midweek for those of us that need to go to Phoenix for business.

Kea

I don't have any specific days that are better. It would depend on who is visiting and what their schedule is at the time. I'm just open to having as many options as possible.

Also, I have not yet researched flights between Austin & Scottsdale. I was very surprised at how few direct flights there were to Vegas! I thought there would be LOTS of those. Turns out most have transfers or at least stops in other cities.

Allegiant and spirit airlines from mesa gateway airpot have direct flights to vegas. From vegas allegiant goes all over the place and has postioned themselves nicely just south of canadian border for all the retirees who come south. RP is advertised in wesrtern canada as a great place to retire with its proximity to usa as well that you can drive there.

El Gato

The CEO of Jet Purple is flying in this weekend for a few days to talk to various Head Honchos of Penasco. If things go well we could soon be seeing purple jets in our skies :) - making it a quick, easy, affordable way to get from Scottsdale to Penasco. This would open up an easy connection for those wanting to fly here from other points as Sky Harbor is easy to get to and could shuttle up to Scottsdale Airport. If time between connections there is always Scottsdale to explore.

This could also be a major boon for the Convention Center, making it easy to get people down for a convention.

playaperro

El Pirata
also could you mention Tucson International Airport, It is by far better for connecting flights, I don't know what the percentage is of people traveling to penasco from cow town compared to the valley. Just asked if they would consider Tucson, Please.

El Gato

also could you mention Tucson International Airport, It is by far better for connecting flights, I don't know what the percentage is of people traveling to penasco from cow town compared to the valley. Just asked if they would consider Tucson, Please.
I believe they are considering flights from Tucson - but I'll be sure to ask/beg :). According to their web site they are looking at flights from Scottsdale and Tucson to LA, San Diego, Vegas, Denver and Penasco. A major endeavor to say the least - but all places that Phoenix people like to go.

I have not yet researched flights between Austin & Scottsdale. I was very surprised at how few direct flights there were to Vegas! I thought there would be LOTS of those. Turns out most have transfers or at least stops in other cities.
An Austin - Scottsdale - Penasco route would absolutely work for me and family as well.

Kea

Any idea as to possible time frame that they would start? My in-laws are planning a visit in August. But this would only be 2 people.

El Gato

Any idea as to possible time frame that they would start? My in-laws are planning a visit in August. But this would only be 2 people.
Not sure when flights will start - or if - but one of the questions I plan on asking :) I've got kids coming down next Fall.

ben21

I just got back from RP a few hours ago, waited 90 minutes at the border. 5+ hours total getting back to phx. A flight would be amazing...

Miakko

Within the last few weeks going southbound and northbound there have been some backups. Going southbound it generally due to the border guards questioning people going to Mexico and only having one lane open. Going northbound it's a combination of lots of cars, not enough lanes open, and sometimes the length of time the agents take to question people in each car. There is def a lot more traffic in both directions than there has been.

Wow! 90 minutes at Lukeville. What's up with that.