XM radio

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
I just scored an xm radio. All I have to do is pay the 10 dollar a month charge. I was told it is portable. I can use it at home, in the Jeep and in Rocky Point? Is it complicated? Do I have to buy any additional equipment? My home and trailer stereo's are sufficient? I think I'm gonna need help..............:?:aagh::confused::duh:

I've got Sirius (which bought XM???) in my truck. As long as you have an antenna that comes with in, you should be good to go. Is it self contained, or do you have to put it into some kind of interface, like with an IPod? Check out their website....for any accessories you might need.....

When I activated mine, I had to use some button combination (on the radio) to get the ID of the device, just like a cellphone....the instructions came with it. The only problem I have in Penasco is when I go under any structures or large trees....and you don't have a line of sight to the satellite.

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
Can you take yours in your house and use it on your home stereo?

I haven't got actual physical possession of it yet so I don't have the instructions. My long haul trucker friend got one for free and he already has one so he gave it to me but won't be home for a month or so. I'll look on the website.....
Thanks

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
Holy Cow! 285 channels of stuff?! I have to buy a home docking station to use it in my homes. It's only 50 bucks and I think it will be well worth it for those old fart sundeck dancing parties I'm going to have!:har::woo::moon::stir:

Last edited:

AZ ROB

XM Radio is awesome works great I have it in my truck as well as a portable boom box I can take on the boat or when we go camping...

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
Thanks everyone, when I get the "home docking station" down to PP, I'm sure one of you will be nice enough to help. I make great banana dacquiries......:woo::gradea::party: