Budget Hotels?

Wow. Looks like I got into La Roca on Friday / Saturday on Memorial Day weekend.

I'd imagine I'll need a trip to la farmacia para zolpidem if I'm going to get any sleep. :)

I'll try Granada del Mar next trip out.

Thanks all.
Just your luck, there is a Farmacia right across the street from the entrance.
Nice to hear you were able to get a resv. You won't be disappointed. :)

Roberto

Zolpidem requires a prescription in Mexico. .
Depends. You can buy it and much more at the little farmacia across the stret from La Roca. Friend/local Pharmacist told me the Old port is a 'free zone' for pharmaceuticals,, most anyway.

Rob

So, as I mentioned, I made a reservation at La Roca for the 23rd and 24th. Carla took the reservation and asked that I call the day before to confirm, since they don't take a deposit. I've been calling all day and no answer. How nervous should I be?

you should be ok. Did you talk to owner or the daughter?
This is similar to what happened to me. But it was not a long weekend. Keep calling.

Rob

you should be ok. Did you talk to owner or the daughter?
This is similar to what happened to me. But it was not a long weekend. Keep calling.
Wow. Still no answer. Been trying every hour since 8am. Sure hope I have somewhere to stay when I get down there tomorrow.

Rob

Hello all!

I called on my way down on Friday and they still had my reservation. No problem.

La Roca was clean, quiet (it's true), safe, and certainly worth what I paid on a holiday weekend.

Thank you all for the advice!

I also second Granada Del Mar. We stay in Playa De Oro and talk to many people that stay in the Granada and have never heard a complaint. Open the front door and 5 steps to the sand of the beach. They also have some rooms with a kitchen. In the $ 50.00 range and yes to the A/C.
Enjoy your trip where ever you stay.

There's a little motel called "El Ranchito" motel where we used to stay years ago. It was owned by Oscar who was indeed a character and a good friend. After Oscar passed away, Mario bought the place. Mario is a really nice man and has treated "El Ranchito" with love, just like Oscar did. I think there are 10 rooms....all small, clean, no frills. The place is off the beaten path....about 4 blocks west of the main hwy (Benito Juarez) and just a little south (about 4 or 5 blocks) of Sam's Club. There is a sign on the west side of the highway. A big plus is that it is not in town (noise-free.) There is a barbeque pit outside and places to sit outside. Also verrry affordable!