Building Blocks, Home Port

Kenny

PPRES

JJ: please clarify if you are male or female. Your photo here is ambivalent. Not that it matters.

I'm guessing our JJ is offering something for sale in Santo Tomas and is having some trouble getting any inquiries.

This JJ person is now a drive-by expert on most everything outside his sandbox. DUH !

To educate JJ: Our PP water is potable, and we have not bought other water in a couple years. I'm sure you have the same in Santo Tomas.

Our electricity has not even blinked in 2 years. I'm sure you have the same good service.

My phone and high speed internet is around 30.00 per month, and has not burped in 3 years.

It seems JJ may have not actually stopped in PP in a few years for more than a couple hours. As such, JJ likely knows nothing of which he/she bloviates. Drive by sniper, and nothing more !

JJ: educate yourself if you want credibility, or just pack it in and start a Santo Tomas blog. We all are weary of your diatribe. If you have something to offer, we look forward to hearing from you again. Otherwise...
Again you're just making a ass of yourself but please continue as more than a few of us find your arrogant ignorance amusing... "otherwise" what you pompous

apricot

Sorry,in the future I will follow your example and only post positive stuff...like when you were drunk and thought about throwing a corona at a drone.You have really added to the forum by the way...Maybe you could even start a new forum for a fictional beach town ...let's call it Happy Point where it's sunny,every deal is a good deal,the gas pumps really give you a gallon of gas, shrimp scales are set the customers favor and their are no shoot outs or speed traps worth mentioning......
There you go again, making stuff up. Did you forget, that was your suggestion at the time to throw a corona at the drone, definitely not mine. Go back and check that thread out. And then to say that I was drunk, simply not true. You know, there's a label for that personality disorder of yours.

apricot

Again you're just making a ass of yourself but please continue as more than a few of us find your arrogant ignorance amusing... "otherwise" what you pompous
Sorry Kenny, I have to disagree. It's Jerry that's making an ass of himself.

Kenny

JWT thinks that asking Jerry if he's a man or a women is cute and it is, if you're into Trannies. :eek: We don't know you JWT and like all of your type, you're to much of a coward to put up your name or a picture..No question that we have another one
Sorry Kenny, I have to disagree. It's Jerry that's making an ass of himself.
I'll stay on this subject but going back over the years you'll find that Jerry and I have been right more often than not. For instance, if you go back to the beginning of the original thread you'll see that I posted that the type of rock and the way they were mixing them for the breakwater wasn't going to work. I'll tell you something else too, the fix their going to try will be no better than a band aid!

JWT

User is currently banned
Now we know: You are JJ's constant likker ! It appears you are definitely male.

Why do you proudly wear a wife-beating shirt ? Domestic violence here in PP is not a good idea.

Your last post was a gem. If you can get sober in the next 36 hours, please send us something at least a 10 yr old can understand. What you posted is silly and nonsensical.

If you can learn some clean language, and save up to buy here in PP, you will be welcomed.

Otherwise, if you can't rise to basic standards for a forum, you might want to ignore this forum until you can add something intelligent and of interest to folks who live here. DUH

Kenny

Now we know: You are JJ's constant likker ! It appears you are definitely male.

Why do you proudly wear a wife-beating shirt ? Domestic violence here in PP is not a good idea.

Your last post was a gem. If you can get sober in the next 36 hours, please send us something at least a 10 yr old can understand. What you posted is silly and nonsensical.

If you can learn some clean language, and save up to buy here in PP, you will be welcomed.

Otherwise, if you can't rise to basic standards for a forum, you might want to ignore this forum until you can add something intelligent and of interest to folks who live here. DUH
Hey, what's with all that what's your sex stuff? It sounds like you may go both way's or maybe a Tranny?
How's that big shot, up to your standards yet?

apricot

JWT thinks that asking Jerry if he's a man or a women is cute and it is, if you're into Trannies. :eek: We don't know you JWT and like all of your type, you're to much of a coward to put up your name or a picture..No question that we have another one

I'll stay on this subject but going back over the years you'll find that Jerry and I have been right more often than not. For instance, if you go back to the beginning of the original thread you'll see that I posted that the type of rock and the way they were mixing them for the breakwater wasn't going to work. I'll tell you something else too, the fix their going to try will be no better than a band aid!
Well, OK....I enjoy most of your posts but have a hard time understanding why you always support Jerry. He enjoys walking all over people, being rude and inconsiderate. Most of the stuff he spews is made up stuff or down right lies. I'm surprised he's able to get away with it all the time.

Kenny

Well, OK....I enjoy most of your posts but have a hard time understanding why you always support Jerry. He enjoys walking all over people, being rude and inconsiderate. Most of the stuff he spews is made up stuff or down right lies. I'm surprised he's able to get away with it all the time.
First, Jerry is my friend both on and off this forum and he has been for some time. With that said you may not agree with him but calling him a liar is going to far unless you have something specific you'd like to bring to the front. Now we've both made mistakes, but never do we intentionally post anything that could be called a lie...Now I can't say the same for some on here with vested interested in PP that only bow down to the all mighty dollar and will try to sell anything, good or bad, in the name of "progress".

Do you know the history of this forum and that it was created after our other long time Forum with a wealth of info was bought and destroyed for bringing to light, and Jerry was a big part of it, the shady deals around town and in the vicinity. We are now lucky enough to have Tyler as our benefactor and because of that this site is not beholding or at the mercy of the real-estate colony in PP or the states. The truth is that if people would have listened to the warnings on that forum some would have not lost their life savings and others millions.

Last edited:
First, Jerry is my friend both on and off this forum and he has been for some time. With that said you may not agree with him but calling him a liar is going to far unless you have something specific you'd like to bring to the front. Now we've both made mistakes, but never do we intentionally post anything that could be called a lie...Now I can't say the same for some on here with vested interested in PP that only bow down to the all mighty dollar and will try to sell anything, good or bad, in the name of "progress".

Do you know the history of this forum and that it was created after our other long time Forum with a wealth of info was bought and destroyed for bringing to light, and Jerry was a big part of it, the shady deals around town and in the vicinity. We are now lucky enough to have Tyler as our benefactor and because of that this site is not beholding or at the mercy of the real-estate colony in PP or the states. The truth is that if people would have listened to the warnings on that forum some would have not have lost their life savings and others millions.
Awe how nice, Just beautiful for Christmas Buddies.

jerry

Hey this is fun......You bubble living real estate hacks do know you have water at the expense of the poor neighbor hoods.Power outages are a real problem in much or RP.The dust in the air is full of human waste because of crooked deals when the roads were reworked...breath deep.... Much of the info I get comes from people in town that hate the way RP is headed.

garyd

Kenny you are probably the best person to ask this question. Was the Condo Boom the biggest change to RP or have there been other "tipping" points, good or bad in the past? Thanks GD

jerry

Oh I've heard, Mark, Rockyptjoe, Cactus jack, just to name a few...
Loved Cactus amigo....he got in a beef with Azbeachboy,mark and RP Joe over there fondness for photography of teenage girls in exchange for colorful beads. He had good local knowledge and you got to miss a guy who would cruise around RP in a Caddy,open container in hand and a fine Mexican beauty at his side with a pearl handled snub nose tucked in a ankle holster. The other guys should comeback too...Mark left because I made fun of the old pope and for being called out over his attitudes learned on the South side of Chicago.. We all learn.

mis2810

What I don't understand at all - and I've said this before in other threads - is why isn't there room for ALL opinions? I don't want only rainbow colored, nothing is ever wrong postings, and I don't want all gloom and doom. I want BOTH. It's up to the reader what to do with the information they receive. Why is that such a hard concept to understand? We all have something to add. I love Russ' enthusiasm, but I love Jerry's no holds barred, tell it like it is attitude as well. There is no perfect place on Earth. Rocky Point or Puerto Peñasco, or whatever the hell you want to call it, is a beautiful place that has a lot to offer, but it also has some serious problems as well - just like any other place.

As for this Santo Tomas selling garbage that JWT is spewing - what's your beef with Santo Tomas? Everyone has different tastes. Some people like living in a beach town where there's not much of anything. Those are the same people that buy out at Miramar, Encanto, etc. Then there are the people that enjoy the activity of Sandy Beach. Which can also be very quiet at times during the week during low season. For some people that's the best of both worlds. Then you have the people that prefer to live in-town for various reasons.

Also, just because you live there full time doesn't make anyone the PP Guru - Know-It-All. Someone who's been visiting since 1956 knows a hell of a lot more about the heart of the town, both past and present than somebody who's been living in the hood for 2 years. Just because you "live in the hood" doesn't make yours the only "authentic" experience.

apricot

What I don't understand at all - and I've said this before in other threads - is why isn't there room for ALL opinions? I don't want only rainbow colored, nothing is ever wrong postings, and I don't want all gloom and doom. I want BOTH. It's up to the reader what to do with the information they receive. Why is that such a hard concept to understand? We all have something to add. I love Russ' enthusiasm, but I love Jerry's no holds barred, tell it like it is attitude as well. There is no perfect place on Earth. Rocky Point or Puerto Peñasco, or whatever the hell you want to call it, is a beautiful place that has a lot to offer, but it also has some serious problems as well - just like any other place.

As for this Santo Tomas selling garbage that JWT is spewing - what's your beef with Santo Tomas? Everyone has different tastes. Some people like living in a beach town where there's not much of anything. Those are the same people that buy out at Miramar, Encanto, etc. Then there are the people that enjoy the activity of Sandy Beach. Which can also be very quiet at times during the week during low season. For some people that's the best of both worlds. Then you have the people that prefer to live in-town for various reasons.

Also, just because you live there full time doesn't make anyone the PP Guru - Know-It-All. Someone who's been visiting since 1956 knows a hell of a lot more about the heart of the town, both past and present than somebody who's been living in the hood for 2 years. Just because you "live in the hood" doesn't make yours the only "authentic" experience.
Totally agree with what you are saying. But it's all about respecting each others' opinions, which I believe Jerry does not. No place is perfect....each beach, each resort, each area of town has its pros and cons as you have said. With that said, I love our condo on Sandy Beach and our resort. But I also love getting out to the other beaches and areas in town every time we go down there. Jerry and a few others seem to think we have some ulterior motive. They just can't believe that we are happy with our lives and excited about the homeport. Jerry, just so you know, I'm not in the real estate business and never have been. Neither do I own a business in town. We own one condo, don't rent it out, and don't plan on selling it anytime soon. And I'm looking forward to taking the grandkids on one of those Disney cruises on the Sea of Cortez.

apricot

Do you know the history of this forum and that it was created after our other long time Forum with a wealth of info was bought and destroyed for bringing to light, and Jerry was a big part of it, the shady deals around town and in the vicinity. We are now lucky enough to have Tyler as our benefactor and because of that this site is not beholding or at the mercy of the real-estate colony in PP or the states. The truth is that if people would have listened to the warnings on that forum some would have not have lost their life savings and others millions.
He is most definitely a liar. I don't have the time right now to go back thru the threads or even this thread and cite examples, but there are plenty of them. One example is calling me a drunk and saying I threw a Corona at a drone. Where and why does he come up with this stuff? All I'm asking is that he keep it respectful, no need to keep bashing people. IMHO, the reason Jerry keeps getting away with this stuff is because of the few members like you that always back him up. I totally respect people with other opinions than mine and even welcome them, but the point I'm making is please keep it respectful.

Kenny

Kenny you are probably the best person to ask this question. Was the Condo Boom the biggest change to RP or have there been other "tipping" points, good or bad in the past? Thanks GD

There are others on here who have spent much more time in and around PP than I, but because I would be gone for long periods of time up until 85 I do have snap shots in my mind of different periods of development. The paving of Sandy beach for RV's and the high end development in Cholla Bay and beaches south brought in the epitome of the ugly American but at the same time brought in, especially the trailer/RV crowd and weekenders, a certain happy go lucky vibrancy to the community. People knew their way around, talked with their neighbors and supported local business as a matter of course.

No question that the Condo's brought in a new level of poverty to PP and a new attitude toward the area by the new arrivals that is not only condescending but ignorant as well.. Sure, not all the Condo crowd can be thrown under that blanket but hey, when you've been coming down for years and you have never been down the road to explore, don't know who your neighbors are or how to get to the fish market. What's the point in more just for the sake of more except for greed or possibly just money to keep up your air? The reality is that when you buy a Condo here or anywhere in the world you're only buying air not real property and it's a damn shame so many of them like to heat it up and then blow it around. What's special in and about PP is exactly what their ignorance and pompous ass attitude destroys. Sure I know that some of our friends on here who live in Condo's don't fit that mold and be grateful for that. I am.

Last edited: