Finding the Good Deals In The City: Todays's special

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
I just bought 5k of oranges and 5 k of grapefruits from Hermosillo from a local wandering truck full of produce so like 25 lbs of fresh fruit delivered to my door for 100 pesos which is 7.14 USD so .28 cents a lb..........LOVE IT! Plus he cuts open a random fruit to show you the juice content....I am very happy to juice these today!

JimMcG

I just bought 5k of oranges and 5 k of grapefruits from Hermosillo from a local wandering truck full of produce so like 25 lbs of fresh fruit delivered to my door for 100 pesos which is 7.14 USD so .28 cents a lb..........LOVE IT! Plus he cuts open a random fruit to show you the juice content....I am very happy to juice these today!
Just for the record, I don't buy my seafood in the Malecon, I buy in the hood from a friend who recieves part of his pay as a working fisherman in product and part in cash. I buy my veggies at the California market on the corner of Constitucion and Samuel Ocaña. My Pollo comes from a girl on Samuel Ocaña who has a small shack called Pollo de Sinaloa it is the best, although when we want to take guest for chicken we usually go to Pollo Lucas on the main drag. That's all for what its worth.
So where do we find this seafood vendor, Russ?

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
So where do we find this seafood vendor, Russ?
Exploring.....this guy I buy from lives in my hood. It is not close to the beach or the Malecon it is buried in a hood where we still like nice things and great food, we just don't want the hassle of the Malecon. I can't give you directions but if you want I can take you there...just don't ask for Jumbo Blues, or is this a correct scale? and don't say...."I can buy it cheaper 2 stores down", that crap just doesn't fly, it is what it is!

JimMcG

Exploring.....this guy I buy from lives in my hood. It is not close to the beach or the Malecon it is buried in a hood where we still like nice things and great food, we just don't want the hassle of the Malecon. I can't give you directions but if you want I can take you there...just don't ask for Jumbo Blues, or is this a correct scale? and don't say...."I can buy it cheaper 2 stores down", that crap just doesn't fly, it is what it is!
OK, thanks, Russ.

Jesus & Anita used to sell door to door before they went big time (kidding), So once you connect with someone who can read your needs you will no longer be buying frozen fish with preservatives and digging for clams.
Whats the matter with digging for clams? Lol.

PPRES

Thanks for you info.

If you want to read my post again, I was looking for fish buying ideas from "people with real experience". What you have given us is, once again, from someone with only tourist experience.

What sort of reference weight do you have in mind, and where did you get it? Is it 1 pound? 1 kilo? 500 Grams? Whatever, it does not exist in the real world. Whichever member told you this nonsense is juvenile silly!

When you get settled in Mexico you will buy a digital scale for your home, and use it until you develop a long term relationship with a local family man who sells fish for a living, from his own property. He will call you on your home phone when he gets in what you requested.

Once again HBT, as an occasional tourist from 200 miles away in the desert, presumes to give advice to residents about where to buy fresh fish in Penasco. DUH !

Most gringo locals, and all real Mexicans, avoid the tourist fish merchants on the Malecon you mention, in favor of those who sell day to day to Mexicans and gringo locals. Have you ever seen a Mexican at the tourist fish stalls? Never ! There are many other fisherman-home merchants on streets with obscure names and no house numbers. These are where resident people buy the fresh catch at normal prices. This is fresh fish reality.

You tourist folks might want to start another blog named ROCKY POINT TOURIST TALK so you can banter about in another level of reality !

New members of this forum: firstly ascertain if the poster is a tourist or a resident. You can then choose which is relevant to you.
PPRES

Thanks for you info.

If you want to read my post again, I was looking for fish buying ideas from "people with real experience". What you have given us is, once again, from someone with only tourist experience.

What sort of reference weight do you have in mind, and where did you get it? Is it 1 pound? 1 kilo? 500 Grams? Whatever, it does not exist in the real world. Whichever member told you this nonsense is juvenile silly!

When you get settled in Mexico you will buy a digital scale for your home, and use it until you develop a long term relationship with a local family man who sells fish for a living, from his own property. He will call you on your home phone when he gets in what you requested.

Once again HBT, as an occasional tourist from 200 miles away in the desert, presumes to give advice to residents about where to buy fresh fish in Penasco. DUH !

Most gringo locals, and all real Mexicans, avoid the tourist fish merchants on the Malecon you mention, in favor of those who sell day to day to Mexicans and gringo locals. Have you ever seen a Mexican at the tourist fish stalls? Never ! There are many other fisherman-home merchants on streets with obscure names and no house numbers. These are where resident people buy the fresh catch at normal prices. This is fresh fish reality.

You tourist folks might want to start another blog named ROCKY POINT TOURIST TALK so you can banter about in another level of reality !

New members of this forum: firstly ascertain if the poster is a tourist or a resident. You can then choose which is relevant to you.

PPRES

Thanks for you info.

If you're so hip to what goes on in RP why do you only have a limited number of posts on this forum ??

MIRAMAR

Can someone tell me where to buy Bolillos or bread made fresh? I know there's someone who makes them in his back yard

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
If you're so hip to what goes on in RP why do you only have a limited number of posts on this forum ??

Because the poster is more than likely Happy. Before anyone tells me that is impossible, you shall know that Happy is on this forum and has at least one SN. I know this because he PM's me from time to time. I have been keeping my mouth shut but this poster clearly has a personal agenda. The poster wants us to believe she is a woman or a man with a man. Not sure, however, the poster knows entirely too much about Jerry considering the minimal amount of posts. Furthermore, the very subtle smartass in him is coming out. You will need to be more perceptual but I believe the poster is JUGANDO CON NOSOTROS and in my opinion has a few of you on the hook line and sinker. Regardless of whom this might be, one thing is for certain. This poster is an official asshole.

Roberto

Well, I for one am delighted to get good hard informations about Penasco. It's has made my life turn around bringing joy every day.
Just the thought of:
"buying ideas from "people with real experience".
certainly makes my heart go pitty pat. Most of my ideas have come from people with UNREAL experience. Well the blinders are off and I am seeing the entire world through the sharp eyes of others. I am confident that my miserable life will turn around now that I can disregard the misinformation of occasional visitors and my fellow Bear Toe clan member Hill, and Toe cousins Kenni Toe and Juani Toe. I now look froward to the next 10 years in Penasco. The last 10 was dismal filled with misinformation and misconceptions and without those useful, helpful, perceptive, accurate, all encompasing buying ideas from real people. I came to realize that I am completely incompetent to asses my environment and make unassisted decisions. Sigh..........