Holy freakin' cow

OK, so, it stit to rted with cans and bottles in the back of the truck at the border. I did not mean kiss their butt literatly. What I meant was, I will do what I need to do to avoid a hassle going home. Sorry if you took it the wrong way, end of story. We always save our cans to give to the locals to recycle.
Point taken hill boy. Thats what I would like to do, give it to the locals. I agree hassle free is the way to be. I imagine my husband and I raising a whole lotta eyebrows if we tried to bring our empty booze bottles back over the border to take to AZ to recycle! :-0

Kenny

The ACLU has demanded a federal probe into the operations at U.S. Border Patrol checkpoints in Arizona. Among the alleged abuses cited in the complaint were extended interrogation and detention unrelated to determining a person's immigration status, unwarranted searches, racial profiling, verbal harassment and physical assault.

Point taken hill boy. Thats what I would like to do, give it to the locals. I agree hassle free is the way to be. I imagine my husband and I raising a whole lotta eyebrows if we tried to bring our empty booze bottles back over the border to take to AZ to recycle! :-0
Thank you. We are located in La Cholla and we are lucky that their is one guy that comes by our house and pick up the cans we save for him. Years ago they had a deposit on soda bottles as well but they stopped that what a shame.

The Border Patrol's actions don't seem much different from Sheriff Joe in Maricopa County. If he was held accountable so should they.

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
The Border Patrol's actions don't seem much different from Sheriff Joe in Maricopa County. If he was held accountable so should they.
Accountable? HAHAHAHAHA!!!

You're forgetting - It's all in the name of Homeland Security! The Mother Country must be protected at all costs! You have no rights, all of you miserable peons... you all serve the Mother Country!!!

I feel the same way about Thousands Standing Around (TSA). Don't even get me started about some of those jackholes.

Damn, I'm getting grumpy in my old age! :confused:

Accountable? HAHAHAHAHA!!!

You're forgetting - It's all in the name of Homeland Security! The Mother Country must be protected at all costs! You have no rights, all of you miserable peons... you all serve the Mother Country!!!

I feel the same way about Thousands Standing Around (TSA). Don't even get me started about some of those jackholes.

Damn, I'm getting grumpy in my old age! :confused:
It is OK after all these years we earned the right to be grumpy! But wait did they take away those rights?

Estella

I record with digital video camera all my interactions with any officials, in mexico or USA. I have a hidden camera inside my car, I press a button and records me and the window, this is to have my own evidence in case officials cross the line because their word is the law.
Internal border patrol checkpoints I openly records and refuse to answer any questions, they have no authority and so far no problems.
I don't drink, I don't smoke, I don't bring food so I have no problems with secondary.

I record with digital video camera all my interactions with any officials, in mexico or USA. I have a hidden camera inside my car, I press a button and records me and the window, this is to have my own evidence in case officials cross the line because their word is the law.
Internal border patrol checkpoints I openly records and refuse to answer any questions, they have no authority and so far no problems.
I don't drink, I don't smoke, I don't bring food so I have no problems with secondary.
Well I thought that was pretty spunky of you . . . until I came across this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yEjmfKJvMP4

Roberto

Pretty funny stuff but you can be sure their vehicle information was entered in the computer. Not worth the hassle factor. File a law suit, get the laws clarified.

Landshark

Right or wrong those CBP officers are doing a job they've been trained for. Because of their efforts our country is a safer place. I choose to understand their tactics and put up with them for our security.

Well I submitted the video because the dialog was entertaining. What, why, how and where checkpoints are conducted is a can I will not open, but a good guess is that harassing officers is not the way to change things in your favor. Personally, I smile, cooperate and move on.

The interior checkpoints are in fact BORDER PATROL and they have absolutely NO AUTHORITY to enforce Customs regulations (other than illegal drugs). Once you're over the border, you could have an 18 wheeler semi-truck of booze and Border Patrol cannot do a damned thing about it. Know your rights, people. You don't have to be a jerk about it, but KNOW YOUR RIGHTS and refuse to be intimidated! It's perfectly legal to possess unopened alcohol in your vehicle and nothing spells out how much or how little you may have in your possession within the United States.
Exactly, well said Stuart and thank you for making others aware of this who may not have been. I haven't heard of Border Patrol enforcing Customs regulations before, but given the way things have been with ICE it certainly would not surprise me.

50 years of coming back across the border I still remain respectful whether I like it or not. Smile will get you back faster and not put you on their list for the next time. Oh! and by the way I spent 4 hr in a Mex. Jail, I was 21 years old when this happened scared the shit out of me.