Looking to work in PP any ideas? (serious question)

Terry C

IMO to become a tour guide it would take years and years to gain the knowledge that Russ and Naomi have on Rocky Point and Mexico. Then you have to build a client base.

apricot

Yeah a farmers market....like the Mermaids? seriously people//////
I don't know what you meant by this comment, but thought I better explain myself better. Lots of farmers markets also have booths set up for artisans to show and sell their stuff as well. I've never been to the Mermaid Market, but thought that it was artisans selling different things. A farmers market along with it could draw more people in.

InkaRoads

cronopiador
Maybe get a van like The Shaggy and take groups bar hopping...
I tried that while I was doing the shuttle, unfortunately the first time I did it was with friends and of course the drinks starting coming my way we ended up staying in the 3rd bar, way to much fun to stay away from and do not drink, specially if you are talking and site seeing with the clients, I love an ice cold Tecate as much or more than any drinking bar hoping passengers, so it did not work for me but I gladly be a customer!!!!

I like an assisted living facility. Or a Mexican version of visiting angels for all the ex-pats in need of some help.
I know an ex-pat who moved to Ajijic (near Guadalajara) and opened an assisted living "facility." While I don't know what specific documentation / certification might have been required, it seemed not much more complicated than buying a multi-bedroom place on the outskirts of town, hiring a caregiver, and taking on a few residents.

Last edited:

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
The idea of assisted living centers is a great one, we have been discussing it amongst ourselves for a little while. When I take people into Las Conchas and we see a few "dead" condo projects on the left side it is pretty much what we think it could be used for. It would take $$ to make it happen and would be a long term project but I think it would be great to see those buildings being used....

jerry

Olive Oil...not my idea but a good one
Come down to Alvaro Obregon and buy Olive Oil from guys like the Martinez Campo

1. Buy 80 liters of olive oil from the press for about 6.50 a liter.
  2. Drive 75 miles north.
  3. Buy 200 fancy glass bottles and some pinche fresa labels.
  4. Fill the bottles, 400 mL each.
  5. Sell the bottles to Whole Foods-weary phoenix hipsters for $30 each, which works out to $75 a liter.

InkaRoads

cronopiador
The idea of assisted living centers is a great one, we have been discussing it amongst ourselves for a little while. When I take people into Las Conchas and we see a few "dead" condo projects on the left side it is pretty much what we think it could be used for. It would take $$ to make it happen and would be a long term project but I think it would be great to see those buildings being used....
Russ, that is a great idea however it seems just a little to big of a place to start however a house at Las Conchas with 5 to 8 rooms will be the perfect place to start something in a smaller scale, I know that the permits and certificates and red tape needed is big here in USA, which in Mexico might be a little easier as USA has way to many rules and regulations for simple things as retrofitting light switches or door knobs, etc, a friend of mine started one here in Tucson, it is a very demanding job and for certain you need to have a bit of knowledge on the field but it is very doable but be sure that you will be needed to work almost 24/7 at the beginning, unless you have the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ back up to hire knowledgeable stuff able to care for others and for you to be able to sleep well, there is a lot of elderly abuse in places like these so be prepare to spend more money in a CCC system so emps will be discurage on abusing the old customers!!