Mexican Gas

Mexican gas is the same as American gas and has been for over 20 years. Trust me, I would NEVER put that gas in my Jeep if it weren't. Green is fine for everything unless your car requires high test, red is high test but I don't use it.
Cherie.. I haven't heard the term high test used in years. LOL.

Oh, and I forgot to tell you, I get better gas mileage on Mexican gas. I can't even make it down on one tank but I can make it home and then some on Mexican gas. I stuff her full in Sonoyta on the way home and it only takes half a tank to get home.
same here. I seem to always use less gas on the way home. But I contribute that to driving slower. Never in a hurry to leave Mexico :)

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
Me either. I can't get them open after they tighten 'em! Todd, I am just old and my dad had a Gulf station in Indiana when I was a kid. I heard lots of stuff hanging around...LOL! What do they call it now? Premium? High octane?

Most of the time I just hear it by number..... 87, 89, 92
My grandfather worked for some fuel company when I was a kid I remember him referring to it as "High Test"
We used to call it AvGas. (Aviation Fuel) that was the sh!+ we would race on at Firebird Raceway........wed night "Run what you brung"

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
High test... funny! Growing up in PA, my dad worked part-time at a Sunoco station. They used to have a dial on the pump that you could turn to set the blend you wanted. Sunoco 260 used to be the high-test bomb! When you wanted to go out cruising on Sat. night, you always put the 260 in the tank. Vrrooooom, vrroooom!!

Encanto

Most of the time I just hear it by number..... 87, 89, 92
My grandfather worked for some fuel company when I was a kid I remember him referring to it as "High Test"
We used to call it AvGas. (Aviation Fuel) that was the sh!+ we would race on at Firebird Raceway........wed night "Run what you brung"
We used to call it Ethyl, kept our engines from pre-detonating. Smelled Great !

Not sure why, but about half the time I fill-up at Pemex, the gas cap is only screwed on about half way. (and I alway tip !)

I remember the 'Run what you brung' races at Beeline and Firebird, too much fun. My friend had a Pinto with a 455, taken out of an Olds 442, we would take to the track. So stoopid, but fun. Never made a straight run.

GV Jack

Snorin God
Ethyl...I remember that.. They charged to put it in and then they charged to take it out.. Such a deal.

We used to call it Ethyl, kept our engines from pre-detonating. Smelled Great !

Not sure why, but about half the time I fill-up at Pemex, the gas cap is only screwed on about half way. (and I alway tip !)

I remember the 'Run what you brung' races at Beeline and Firebird, too much fun. My friend had a Pinto with a 455, taken out of an Olds 442, we would take to the track. So stoopid, but fun. Never made a straight run.
Beeline closed before you were born :p

Maybe this was discussed previously, but why do the attendants not tighten the gas caps ?
Well if they don't tighten the cap on your Rino and you go back and they just happen to have a used one it will cost you $20.00 lesson learned!!! I check and tighten my own.

mondone

Whitecaps
Now they'll get my drift. Any way to make a buck, they will try. I never leave without making sure my gas cap is on AND tight! Loose gas cap will give you a check engine light, it happened to me once heading back to Sonoyta. I never leave a Pemex without making sure the gas cap is on. I call it the Pemex daabble check.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk 2

High test... funny! Growing up in PA, my dad worked part-time at a Sunoco station. They used to have a dial on the pump that you could turn to set the blend you wanted. Sunoco 260 used to be the high-test bomb! When you wanted to go out cruising on Sat. night, you always put the 260 in the tank. Vrrooooom, vrroooom!!
Stuart, What part of PA are you from ? I was born in Allentown.

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
Stuart, What part of PA are you from ? I was born in Allentown.
Lived in Warminster, Bucks County most of my life, moved over to Ambler, Montgomery County for a few years before going in the Navy. Only one good thing ever came out of Allentown, Vern - Mack Trucks! (kidding, of course!)