Mexican Gas

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
Well... I guess it's been too long since I've been down to Penasco. Put 90 gallons (170 liters in each tank) in the boat on Thursday. Exchange rate 12.15 -- $362 dollars. Holy Schmoly, that's $4.00 a gallon! What's up with that? Same Circle K I always fill-up at, right by the railroad tracks so I can zip right back to Safe Marine. Pumps and personnel have always been honest, so I assume the price is just spiked right now.

mondone

Whitecaps
Well... I guess it's been too long since I've been down to Penasco. Put 90 gallons (170 liters in each tank) in the boat on Thursday. Exchange rate 12.15 -- $362 dollars. Holy Schmoly, that's $4.00 a gallon! What's up with that? Same Circle K I always fill-up at, right by the railroad tracks so I can zip right back to Safe Marine. Pumps and personnel have always been honest, so I assume the price is just spiked right now.
Pemex has not been a bargain since around August of last year. That's when I first noticed price per gallon was higher than Arizona. I used to hold out and gas up in Mexico, but not any more, now it's the opposite.