Need a veterinarian

Need a vet close to PDO. Puppy has eye problems. Please leave explicit instructions. Thanks for your help.

Sunshine

I know this is an old thread, but I am hoping someone knows of a reputable vet here in Rocky Point. Our dear German Shepherd has grown terribly ill since we arrived and can barely breathe. I know Semana Santa is probably a bad time to need help like this, but any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

mis2810

There was a thread here recently about a good vet. I'll find it. For some reason I can't copy the info. In the Search Forums tab search for Dog Dental. You'll find two recommendations. The one that seems the most popular is Dr. ChoyChoy.

Last edited:
No vomiting or anything. She just can't breathe. It is like there is something restricting her airways. It is taking all her effort just to take a breath. Otherwise her body seems to be functioning normally.

Landshark

Hope you get her in to the vet soon. I hate hearing about stuff like this. We have been through it and know how difficult it is to see them struggle. Hope it's something simple like a restriction or swelling from an allergic reaction to something.

mis2810

I can't stop thinking about this. I keep checking back to see how she is. ABQ - let me know if you need Rosie's cell phone number, translation help, whatever. I will send you an e-mail with my cell phone number in Phx.

Thank you sooooooo much for caring everyone! On the advice of some forum members I got in touch with Dr. Choy Choy's office and they agreed to see her before they closed for the holiday weekend. I was a bit scared to drive around looking by myself with 3 little kids and one sick dog. Thank goodness a friend of a friend volunteered to ride with me. When we got there it seemed Dr. Chou Choy was just about to close. He took our dog into a pretty rudimentary examination room. I was hesitant but desperate. Our dog (Tova) was barely able to breathe at that point. The stress of transport added to her panting, which made matters worse than they already were. The doctor asked me to lift her (all 75 lbs of her) onto a tiny metal table. No easy feat. But I managed and he hooked her up to a pulse oximeter (sp?) and found that she was hypoxic. He believes she has pneumonia. He gave her 3 shots (of I don't know what) and sent us on our way. He says he will call me later to have her come back for follow up. I felt so helpless to do anything, and worried that it was just smoke and mirrors, but once the stress of the situation was over and I got her home she calmed down and is now sleeping soundly. Her breathing is a bit labored, but nothing like before. If a dog could get color back into her face, she has (I know, silly to say through all the fur). I am so grateful that she isn't suffering terribly for the first time in days. Oh, and the visit & 3 shots were $38.

mis2810

Fantastic!!!! Thanks so much for letting us know how she is. Keep us posted throughout the weekend. I'm sure one of the shots was a heavy dose of antibiotics. Within a few hours she will probably be doing much better.

garyd

Thank you sooooooo much for caring everyone! On the advice of some forum members I got in touch with Dr. Choy Choy's office and they agreed to see her before they closed for the holiday weekend. I was a bit scared to drive around looking by myself with 3 little kids and one sick dog. Thank goodness a friend of a friend volunteered to ride with me. When we got there it seemed Dr. Chou Choy was just about to close. He took our dog into a pretty rudimentary examination room. I was hesitant but desperate. Our dog (Tova) was barely able to breathe at that point. The stress of transport added to her panting, which made matters worse than they already were. The doctor asked me to lift her (all 75 lbs of her) onto a tiny metal table. No easy feat. But I managed and he hooked her up to a pulse oximeter (sp?) and found that she was hypoxic. He believes she has pneumonia. He gave her 3 shots (of I don't know what) and sent us on our way. He says he will call me later to have her come back for follow up. I felt so helpless to do anything, and worried that it was just smoke and mirrors, but once the stress of the situation was over and I got her home she calmed down and is now sleeping soundly. Her breathing is a bit labored, but nothing like before. If a dog could get color back into her face, she has (I know, silly to say through all the fur). I am so grateful that she isn't suffering terribly for the first time in days. Oh, and the visit & 3 shots were $38.
That is great news. I know what you mean about the color returning to her face. I've seen that with my dogs too!

Aren't the people of Rocky Point amazing? What a great place!