Puerto Penasco Home Port

Well don't you think the government should get in the way enough to make sure garbage and sh#! doesn't pile up on Pinto Point, or would that be to invasive?
I actually trust the cruise ship company to protect the enviroment that they make there money off. Have you seen the beaches in Cholla bay on Sunday's after the locals get through with it.

jerry

Pintopoint.....read this...Cruise ships the size of small cities ply the waters off our coasts, producing and then dumping large amounts of sewage and other wastes into our oceans, polluting our beaches, contaminating our coral reefs, and destroying our valuable marine ecology. Some of that waste is treated prior to dumping; other waste is dumped directly to the ocean without a second thought. A large cruise ship, the largest of which can carry over 7,000 passengers and crew, on a one week voyage is estimated to generate 210,000 gallons (or 10 backyard swimming pools) of human sewage and 1 million gallons (40 more swimming pools) of graywater (water from sinks, baths, showers, laundry and galleys). Cruise ships also generate large volumes of oily bilge water, sewage sludge, garbage and hazardous wastes. In addition, these luxury liners, which allow passengers a rare glimpse of some of the most sensitive environments on the planet, spew a range of pollutants into the air that can lead to serious public health problems and contribute to global warming.

The rapidly expanding size and number of cruise ships in U.S. waters has triggered a national cruise ship pollution crisis. Environmental laws have not kept pace with growth of the industry. Cruise lines travel the most pristine waters of America, dumping all the way. New laws and standards are urgently needed.

- See more at: http://www.foe.org/projects/oceans-and-forests/cruise-ships#sthash.aXJb3EtQ.dpuf

jerry

Well Jerry, what a negative poster you are........smacks of "not in my backyard" just move on dude.
Geoffrey..that is the kind of reply some of us got when we warned people from buying at Riviera real and Playa Azul and later Liberty Cove from real estate huckster locals in Rocky Point. I figure I personally saved people from losing 2 million dollars on those scams.

Reactions: ron
Pintopoint.....read this...Cruise ships the size of small cities ply the waters off our coasts, producing and then dumping large amounts of sewage and other wastes into our oceans, polluting our beaches, contaminating our coral reefs, and destroying our valuable marine ecology. Some of that waste is treated prior to dumping; other waste is dumped directly to the ocean without a second thought. A large cruise ship, the largest of which can carry over 7,000 passengers and crew, on a one week voyage is estimated to generate 210,000 gallons (or 10 backyard swimming pools) of human sewage and 1 million gallons (40 more swimming pools) of graywater (water from sinks, baths, showers, laundry and galleys). Cruise ships also generate large volumes of oily bilge water, sewage sludge, garbage and hazardous wastes. In addition, these luxury liners, which allow passengers a rare glimpse of some of the most sensitive environments on the planet, spew a range of pollutants into the air that can lead to serious public health problems and contribute to global warming.

The rapidly expanding size and number of cruise ships in U.S. waters has triggered a national cruise ship pollution crisis. Environmental laws have not kept pace with growth of the industry. Cruise lines travel the most pristine waters of America, dumping all the way. New laws and standards are urgently needed.

- See more at: http://www.foe.org/projects/oceans-and-forests/cruise-ships#sthash.aXJb3EtQ.dpuf
Jerry,
Just because an article states something does not make it true. There are strict regulations for me on my 26' boat. Now the State of Sonora did extensive research and environmental studies before even considering the cruise port. So Mexico does not care about one of its greatest resources?

jerry

Jerry,
Just because an article states something does not make it true. There are strict regulations for me on my 26' boat. Now the State of Sonora did extensive research and environmental studies before even considering the cruise port. So Mexico does not care about one of its greatest resources?
But bro even in Australia the expert reports are shopped....looking for the best to make the project go....do you remember when CEDO was all against the marina by Sandy Beach 4 years ago...how is this different and why have they not spoken up?
http://www.cedointercultural.org/content/view/99/100/lang,en/

Last edited:
But bro even in Australia the expert reports are shopped....looking for the best to make the project go....do you remember when CEDO was all against the marina by Sandy Beach 4 years ago...how is this different and why have they not spoken up?
http://www.cedointercultural.org/content/view/99/100/lang,en/
Jerry,
If I remember right the residential marina was stopped because it included the marsh area where a lot of the juvenile fish are hatched and raised. The new marina is from the shoreline out. Completely different project.

ben21

I'm all for RP growing and generally try to put a positive spin on things. That being said, this project seems like a huge waste of money. I would have much rather seen this money go towards a Sonoyta bypass and road improvements around main parts of town. That would draw tourism, not some cruise port that will never be used. Obviously I'm taking the over on 2018...

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
Well Jerry, what a negative poster you are........smacks of "not in my backyard" just move on dude.

Why are we getting so many first time posters that have strong opinions against known forum members like Jerry? This guy comes out of the wood work to bash Jerry and tell him to MOVE ON.

If it wasn't for forum members like Jerry this forum would be ~~~pura```basura```~~. This guy has one career post and it's attacking a legend in the game.

Geoffrey, BRO, get a life ....

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
Kenny, You call it politics, I call it government getting in the way.

Been watching a lot of videos on youtube lately of people LIGHTING their TAP WATER on FIRE because of shale drilling. I'm guessing you're against regulation of that too...

Drill Baby Drill

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
I'm all for RP growing and generally try to put a positive spin on things. That being said, this project seems like a huge waste of money. I would have much rather seen this money go towards a Sonoyta bypass and road improvements around main parts of town. That would draw tourism, not some cruise port that will never be used. Obviously I'm taking the over on 2018...

It was the same hype when we learned of the International Airport in what, 2006? Look how that turned out. It just now started operating this past summer of 2013. On a limited basis. We will not see a cruise ship in RP till 2020

Im all for PROGRESS in RP.. Build the home port, the people want it, the people love it, cant wait to take the first cruise!!

A few of you people on this forum need to get a life ( you know who you are ). You know your the ones who have nothing better to do than to argue & bash everything about RP while living in AZ. Yes we know you hate the RP resorts, you hate the progress in RP, easy solution don't come to RP. Go to El Golfo and sit by yourself on the beach & argue w/ yourself all day long.

jerry

Im all for PROGRESS in RP.. Build the home port, the people want it, the people love it, cant wait to take the first cruise!!

A few of you people on this forum need to get a life ( you know who you are ). You know your the ones who have nothing better to do than to argue & bash everything about RP while living in AZ. Yes we know you hate the RP resorts, you hate the progress in RP, easy solution don't come to RP. Go to El Golfo and sit by yourself on the beach & argue w/ yourself all day long.
Mike ...when those Baby Ruth's start appearing in the surf in front of your pigeon coop as the cruise ship sets sail make sure they are the real deal

Reactions: gup

jerry

Jerry,
If I remember right the residential marina was stopped because it included the marsh area where a lot of the juvenile fish are hatched and raised. The new marina is from the shoreline out. Completely different project.
"This ruling will stop the destruction of a shallow rocky reef that has immense ecological and social importance, including being used as a marine reserve by local commercial divers to promote sustainable fisheries, elevated levels of biodiversity, presence of several protected species and its proximity to the Upper Gulf Biosphere Reserve". They will be dragging the crap out of the sea bottom

ben21

I'm all for progress too, but I strongly disagree that this is the right way to go about it. For lack of a better phrase, this is like putting lipstick on a pig. You can't build a shiny new cruise terminal when you still have streets lined with trash, unfinished buildings everywhere, etc... Have you ever been to Cancun before? You get off the plane, jump in your shuttle and take a well maintained and neatly landscaped road directly to the hotel zone without really seeing a hint of poverty, trash, etc. Having homeless people try to wash your car with newspapers scares off your average suburban family from Gilbert, hell probably a wealthy family from Mexico too.

I don't want to come off like a snob, because I love RP for what it is and don't care about the things mentioned above. But if it's really going to be a cruise destination or home port, then lets start with the basics and get the place cleaned up. (We'll keep the violence issue to the other thread)

ben21

It was the same hype when we learned of the International Airport in what, 2006? Look how that turned out. It just now started operating this past summer of 2013. On a limited basis. We will not see a cruise ship in RP till 2020
Yes, this is exactly the same thing. "If you build it, they will come"

... Well, maybe with one flight a week, four months out of the year, seven years later