The Homeport...A reason a week it is a bad idea

jerry

What's the point Hillbearto? I agree with what was said. I wouldn't be visiting Penasco if I didn't love it. We also stop for tacos in Sonoyta - we've met some truly dear Mexicans who we count as our friends.
Some of Miramars best friends are Mexican. her foothills mansions maid,her weed dealer...Hector the pool boy for example

Hey just kidding but let's join the real world....RP is a close to Arizona getaway at the beach...nothing fancy but it in no way is really Mexico...

What's the point Hillbearto? I agree with what was said. I wouldn't be visiting Penasco if I didn't love it. We also stop for tacos in Sonoyta - we've met some truly dear Mexicans who we count as our friends.
"Not sure whose Idea was to start this project in the same location as the Número Uno beach?"

I was answering the question with out mentioning any names, simple.:rolleyes:

The other links were exactly as stated.

As far as the violence and so on I agree, play safe, pay attention, be smart and your visit should go as planned. Though, reality could change that at any given moment. I have never experienced any crap on any visit and state it as such. But I am not going to go in blindly thinking that bad shit can't go down, nor should anyone one that is thinking of visiting.

That's why I continue to promote Puerto Peñasco to damn near everyone I talk to including Mexican nationals that have lived here for years and are scared to death about visiting!

As usual, when someone posts something that could be used as a heads up to potential visitors to PP or Mexico, it gets branded as if that person is trying to keep people from visiting. I don't see it that way.... o_O To me it's more like "Heads up".

Then the whole thing turns into a battle of sides. One side presents maybe less than Rosie information (and links to said information when requested) and the other side presents Opinions and ignores or disregards the information being presented. :oops:

I don't think anything presented here has caused anyone to decide not to come down and take food of of anyones table. And I guarantee that when a charter bus load of college girls head south on Spring Break that regardless of anything said here, their parents warn them and tell them to be careful!

There is one other factor in all of this too, Shit happens.

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
I guess I know where Jerry stands on ....me, funny, he doesn't know me - has never met me, yet he knows more about me than others here on the forum that indeed do know me.

lagrimas85

AKA Carnac
Some of Miramars best friends are Mexican. her foothills mansions maid,her weed dealer...Hector the pool boy for example

Hey just kidding but let's join the real world....RP is a close to Arizona getaway at the beach...nothing fancy but it in no way is really Mexico...
Jerry, you should have seen her a the Tequila Fest a couple years ago, she had made such good friends with Fabiola and Melissa's husband (also Mexican) that she had them bringing her drinks, food and making song requests to the Mariachis all night long...and was tipping them like a millionaire...'

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
I guess I know where Jerry stands on ....me, funny, he doesn't know me - has never met me, yet he knows more about me than others here on the forum that indeed do know me.
Jerry used to work for the CIA. He knows lots of stuff about lots of stuff. But those CIA LSD tests in the 60's scrambled a few eggs upstairs and he sometimes has difficulty making normal neural connections. Don't sweat it, Russ. He still thinks I worked for Richard Nixon and Dick Cheney. ;)

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
I understand Stuart but he is allowed to turn this into a negative fest without adding any helpful information. He obviously has enormous amounts of time to scour the web for un-helpful negative info about a place he doesn't even live or care for. I really thought this forum was about Rocky Point - not the hills 20 miles east of Sonoyta. I will watch for a while then decide if this forum is right for me. I don't think the personal attacks on me or miramar should be allowed. My opinion.

jerry

Sorry Russ but if you think I came up with all these inconvenient facts on my own time you are mistaken.People that think the HOMEPORT is a mistake pass many parts of the story on to me.In other cases they beg me to shut up because they may never be able to sell their condos if the homeport becomes the disaster I believe it just may become.( I tell them no one reads this stuff anyways unless they already have made up their minds...plenty of fish in the sea)
, I just noticed you told the guy on the RV forum you were not part of the real estate/ hospitality community.His point was you really can't get the lay of the land from a guy trying to sell land.The fact is you have been a spokesman for RP in Yuma and Vegas.....no big deal but why not admit it.....

Sorry Mirramar, picking on you is unfair ,you were just sticking up for your boy.

Russ Love your info but you only give the side of the Angels.....more of a devil man myself. For instance you gave people tips on a whale trip in Baja and I tell them stuff like this "
From the US Consulate in Tijuana regarding the protests taking place today on portions of the Baja transpeninsular highway:

Traffic is being disrupted on the transpeninsular highway between Punta Colonet and San Quintin by protesting agricultural workers. The protests began early March 17. Media reports indicate that there have been fires and rock throwing as part of the protests. All businesses and local government offices in the immediate area are closed. Travelers can expe...

See More

travel.state.gov
Links to external websites are provided as a convenience and should not be construed as an endorsement by the U.S. Department of State of the views or products contained therein. If you wish to remain on travel.state.gov, click the "cancel" message.
TRAVEL.STATE.GOV

Stewart I was actually in a paid Scopalimine test in 72.... Two weeks of twilight sleep to kick a made up heroin habit ...they used mescaline as a chaser......miss those days or was it weeks.

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
Russ.... Jerry.... kiss and make up. Miramar, you don't have to kiss Jerry. Just kiss the pool boy instead.

Jerry? Try not to bash our family members so hard with personal stuff, okay? I don't care if you want to argue opinion all day long until you have a mescaline flashback, but leave people's personal lives out of it, okay? Thanks!

jerry

Y
Russ.... Jerry.... kiss and make up. Miramar, you don't have to kiss Jerry. Just kiss the pool boy instead.

Jerry? Try not to bash our family members so hard with personal stuff, okay? I don't care if you want to argue opinion all day long until you have a mescaline flashback, but leave people's personal lives out of it, okay? Thanks!
You got it Stewart..after all I am Irish and we like nothing better than beating up on ourselves.

playaperro

El Pirata

I say ban Jerry and the rest of his crew, hiccup, just a bunch of wannabe Mexicans.

jerry

Oh oh...,word is they are panicking that the money to finish will be there with the delays and huge cost over runs.

MX Cup Tournament
CFM
COR
ThreeOne
2nd Time

Libertadores
ZAM
BOC
One0
Halftime

Football
HER
AME
1st Time

STATES
Home Port of Puerto Penasco in Sonora is postponed one year
They waste cruises. Modify project initiated in 2013 by difficulties in building
Rolando Chacón
Hermosillo, Sonora

09 MAR2015

8:41
Home delivery Port of Puerto Peñasco, the point of departure and return for tourist cruises scheduled for the second half of 2015, was delayed a year because of difficulties in building and conflict between carriers.

Puerto Peñasco area where the dock will be built for the arrival of cruise ships.
Photo: Rolando Chacón / Reform
The draft thousand 400 million pesos, which could trigger an economic impact of 12 million dollars a month in this population the Sea of Cortez, you must wait at least for the second half of 2016.

Javier Tapia Camou, Sonora tourism commissioner, said there was a change of materials in the project recently resumed, and although no shipping involved, must first ascertain the progress.

"We had to modify the project for reasons of nature, because the stone was considered to be had, it was not so, they had to make adjustments and details of the project. They have to do with concrete pipes, already are building concrete pipe "revealed Tapia Camou.

Besides the change of materials, the differences between transport unions charge of moving the materials, who conducted strikes in 2013 and 2014, delayed the work.

The work, which began in January 2013 in the Sandy Beach area of Puerto Peñasco, consists of a breakwater, a platform for building a cruise ship dock, an avenue of access and a pedestrian boardwalk to beach reclaimed sea.

Tapia Camou explained that after the changes in the project, in early March, the works focused on the jetty, but soon begin construction of the pier.

To do this, on the beach are to be emptied into molds 150 cubic concrete blocks a ton to form cubes 8000 10 tons requiring the dock.

"I hope that next year could be, but it will depend very much also that resources are not cut out for this project that is so important to the northwest of the country, it is not just for Sonora" he said.

Between 2013 and 2014 490 million dollars contributed by the Federation for the project were implemented, while 300 million pesos are expected to conclude in 2016 with about 600 million in 2015.

Despite the delay, shipping companies that have docked in Sonora are interested in making Puerto Peñasco their point of departure and return, as Holland America, Princess and Azamara

jerry

"I hope that next year could be, but it will depend very much also that resources are not cut out for this project that is so important to the northwest of the country, it is not just for Sonora" he said.

This is big and before more booster poo gets flung my way keep in mind this statement is from the Sonoran head of tourism who sees the writing on the wall.

jerry

Back to the point of this thread that seems to be upsetting all the usual suspects.....the friggin head of Sonora tourism is afraid the Feds will bail in the next year if local crooks,the lowest bid construction group and the mormon Fixers/ union crews take to much of of the fed money without showing big time results.Govenor Padres is going to be facing criminal charges to spice things up some more.The homeport money from Mexico City hangs by a thread.

Last edited:
Well maybe in a year we will be talking about this in the Fishing section. Might end up being a good place to fish.... If they let us out there. o_O