William Castle Rightful Owner of Estero de la Pinta

There is so much that I've forgotten. Here's a tidbit, my father almost bought the old Post Office right on the hill at the port. I believe it's now a hotel. He was afraid the government would "repo" it. Another early memory is one night we got a young man, around his twenties, knocking at our door. Turned out his VW beetle got stuck at the beach and the locals sent him to my father. He owned an old Jeep pickup 4x4. We got to the beach at dawn to see his bug swamped at the water's edge. We got him out, and he was able to get his bug going and I guess he limped back home. Years of memories. I suppose if I tried really hard I could remember more, but I'm in my fifties now. Started going down there when I was eight. I now live in CA, sister lives in my father's house in Tucson. She has any old RP photos. Here's my father in Nogales AZ before I was born, showing off his inventoryPop.jpg .

Oh yeah. Too bad kids didn't care about taking pictures in the '70s. All we did was go to the beaches every single day, then play with the neighbor kids 'till it was dark. Then, after dinner and showering (water pressure only available at night), my father would listen to CBS news, which would be followed by all of us listening to the "CBS Radio Mystery Theatre," Hosted by E.G. Marshall. I think the station was in San Diego, but we picked it up so clearly at night. As a kid you take things for granted. I'm just glad I got to experience the somewhat "early" Rocky Point.

lagrimas85

AKA Carnac
Some of the movie was also shot in San Felipe. When the shooting was over they left a couple of old trucks in San Felipe and those for years and years were used to put boats in the water.

courtesy of carnac

Last edited:

lagrimas85

AKA Carnac
Im sure in San Felipe, it was pretty minor..I've never seen the movie, but I've been all over San Felipe and probably would recognize which seens where shot there.. thank you

courtesy of carnac

audsley

Night of the Iguana was filmed in two locations - Puerto Vallarta and Mismaloya, which is a few miles down the coast from PV but not as far as Ylapa.

lagrimas85

AKA Carnac
Also shot some seens in San Felipe. I couldn't find any credits for San Felipe, but I have seen pictures down on the malecon in San Felipe of the crew working there and it may have been b.s. but the guy running the boat launch business said they were left by people that shot there..

courtesy of carnac

Last edited:

jerry

we came up to the Alduna checkpoint on the Caborca road just after filming of the Babel border crossing scene was filmed in maybe 2005. We wondered if Bush had invaded.

tn_53920005.jpg Pop n man PV.jpg bar roof.jpg suritado.jpg Puerto Vallarta beach.jpg bar n vw vans.jpg
I know this is a Rocky Point board, but since we're a little off subject, I do have a couple of photos of what may be Puerto Vallarta, around '59-'60. My father is standing next to a man lying down, I have no idea who is that man. At right of the thatched roof bar are a couple of blue VW panel vans. One was my Father's. The photo from the gate is my Father's villa, you can see his VW panel van just to the left of the arch. He had a roof rack of sorts with the spare on top..tn_53920022.jpg

Thanks! That is from the same "photo session" in Nogales AZ. One shows her drinking from a can of coke. The can is red with white diamonds, so it dates it to late 50's early '60s. That's before I was born and I was third in line after my brother and sister.