“diablos rojos” (red devils)

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
We've caught them out of Rocky Point before. Pretty regular out at the 51, so it isn't just the southern Sea of Cortez. One of the biggest biomasses I've ever seen on my fishfinder covering nearly a mile.

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
Isn't there a previous thread about squid on here? I remember reading it and googling squid and being horrified at what I learned. I remember being surprised that I didn't even know what a squid looked like! I'll look for it and bump it up.......

Eeewwwwwwww squid scary!!!!!!

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
For those of you that care to read the original post about squid, it was titled "glow in the dark waves" in the general section on Sept. 1st, 2009. That'll make you even more horrified, Melissa. Sorry, I don't know how to attach a link....... Eewwww, I don't even want to think about it.......

AZ ROB

Well Known Member
I remember my first time I was a little scared very nervous it was very wet and squishy and it happened at night as well as the cool water and slight surge.
Diving with the squid in San Diego can be fun but not for the faint of heart. Not sure if I would drop in with some of the 6 footers but I do love the calamari

mis2810

Well Known Member
I remember my first time I was a little scared very nervous it was very wet and squishy and it happened at night as well as the cool water and slight surge.
Diving with the squid in San Diego can be fun but not for the faint of heart. Not sure if I would drop in with some of the 6 footers but I do love the calamari
Sorry, if this offends some, but I found this very funny! Maybe I just have a dirty mind! LOL!

mis2810

Well Known Member
LOL! We'll be speaking so fast he won't understand us - he only understands my English when I haven't been drinking! LOL!!!

janetandclint

Well Known Member
Are these squid being harvested for food? Can they be? Could the harvesting of these squid for food decrease the population? If all this is possible, is anyone doing it?

janetandclint

Well Known Member
Another video about the effects of Humboldt squid in La Jolla, California.'[video=youtube;lcKQt5hHDXg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcKQt5hHDXg&feature=related[/video]