16 year old with no passport

We are going down in a few weeks. My daughter who just barely turned 16 has no passport. Does anyone think it will be a problem getting back over with only her birth certificate and drivers permit?

My husband and I have our passport cards.

Thanks.

Anyone can get through with just a state-issued ID and a BC, I just did it the other day, and I'm a few years over 16! ;) If you hit a border patrol agent who's a new hire they'll give you about a thirty-second speech about how long they've wanted people to get passports, they hand you a brochure and that's about it. If it's someone who's worked there a while, they won't even bother looking at the BC when you try and hand it over, probably just wanting to get the line moving.

Also, does she have a photo ID from her high school or a Social Security card? I think as long as you're showing that you TRIED to bring ID it speeds up the process, but you should be fine. For example, I went on a last-minute trip earlier in the month with someone who is Hispanic, is a US citizen but has a HEAVY Nogales accent, didn't even have her BC with her, the car was in her ex-husband's name and we STILL got through OK after everything checked out.

I wouldn't recommend trying to recreate that last scenario, btw!

Yes we have ALL those documents, so will come well prepared! I kind of figured that......also she is platinum blonde, should be no doubt of her ethnic background! Thanks Gringo!