2 and 3 piece kayak

AZRob

I was just looking at dick's sporting goods and seen a snap break down sit on top kayak that you can add a 3 piece and make it a 2 person.
Then I seen LL Bean is selling a point 65 kayak same thing but red. They are making them more transport friendly.

Roberto

I really hate small engines. Prolly cause I had to mow the lawn when was a kid and the friggin mower did not have a recoil and was a pig to start. No U Tube for help and the thought of taking it to Dietzie, the local repair guy was out of the question. When I grew up if you could not fix it you did not have it and all we had was a beat up screw driver, vice grips and an adjustable wrench. I did manage to rebuild the SU carbs on my old 54 TR2 with those limited tools though!! Ah yes the good old days.

Kenny

40th street below Camelback was a great place in the 50's and early sixties for us ditch runners to grow up at.
Shot from the 50's...I picked up 50 stiches on my head hauling ass on my bike down one of the first roads that headed up that mountain in 57 and some say that's what... never mind.

flicks

40th street below Camelback was a great place in the 50's and early sixties for us ditch runners to grow up at.
Shot from the 50's...I picked up 50 stiches on my head hauling ass on my bike down one of the first roads that headed up that mountain in 57 and some say that's what... never mind.
Great Pic. Being a Native. It is great seeing the old pictures. Thanks

Kenny

I grew up right on the corner of 37th street & Camelback, so thanks for the pic
Then you probably know the house I grew up in. It was the Puttmans house, the big Spanish style adobe on the corner of Clarendon and 40th street. At one time the Puttmans owned a big portion of the groves in that area and they built that house in them on whats called a "country acre". 4th grade Kachina, then Tavan on Osborn.

Kenny & Flicks: I live very close to 40th St. & Camelback rd. I bought a house on almost an acre in 1987-when I could still afford the area. There were almost 40 grapefruit trees on my lot when I bought it but they are all slowly passing on. Kenny: thanks for the great pic. I would have loved to grown up next to these orchards. Was there any game around then? I see coyotes in my hood all the time and saw a javelina south of Indian School on 40th St. this winter.

Kenny

Kenny & Flicks: I live very close to 40th St. & Camelback rd. I bought a house on almost an acre in 1987-when I could still afford the area. There were almost 40 grapefruit trees on my lot when I bought it but they are all slowly passing on. Kenny: thanks for the great pic. I would have loved to grown up next to these orchards. Was there any game around then? I see coyotes in my hood all the time and saw a javelina south of Indian School on 40th St. this winter.
There was a unbelievable amount of Dove and Quail because of the huge amount of habitat available and we fished the canals, especially the old crosscut canel that's now been filled for a parkway. And of course a ton of rabbits, both Jack and Cottontails. No one even blinked when they saw us kids with a 4/10 across the handlebars of our "paperboy specials" heading toward the base of the mountain to hunt Quail.
It was a wonderful place for a boy to grow up at back in the day and that along with Cholla Bay gave me some balance for what was ahead of me in S Cali.
Cudia City was our playground and we watched them film a lot of movies and the 26 Men TV series behind Camelback. A friend recently found and bought the 3 DVD set for me with all the episodes on it..Brought tears to my eyes.
http://kcaclives.blogspot.com/2007/01/26-men-and-phoenixs-cudia-city-studios.html

Last edited:
K: The area must have been a great place to grow up and explore. I grew up with farmers fields surrounding us on all sized so kind of had the same experience. I loved your quote about your .410. As a kid I never went anywhere without some sort of gun. In high school my friends and I would bring our shotguns, ammo and all we needed to hunt to school on days when we were released early. When school was out we load up one truck and head out for some dove or quail hunting. It was just normal to have a shotgun in the truck. Now days it is felony to get near a school with a gun or even ammo.

Kenny

K: The area must have been a great place to grow up and explore. I grew up with farmers fields surrounding us on all sized so kind of had the same experience. I loved your quote about your .410. As a kid I never went anywhere without some sort of gun. In high school my friends and I would bring our shotguns, ammo and all we needed to hunt to school on days when we were released early. When school was out we load up one truck and head out for some dove or quail hunting. It was just normal to have a shotgun in the truck. Now days it is felony to get near a school with a gun or even ammo.
I received my NRA certificate in the 5th grade at my grade school, but that was before the NRA was a political organization who's goal is to sell more guns by fear mongering.

Roberto

I too grew up with guns. We favored .22 as a neighbor had a gunshop and we could get our rifles head to the woods past his shop, pick up a box of ammo and walk thrugh the state hospital grounds to the woods along the mighty Susquehanna. We did mostly plinking cans and stuff.

Last edited:

AZRob

I too grew up with guns. We favored .22 as a neighbor had a gunshop and we could get our rifles head to the woods past his shop, pick up a box of ammo and walk thrugh the state hospital grounds to the woods along the mighty Susquehanna. WE did notsly plinking cans and stuff.
Wow Roberto your a long way from up north east. I started out with a 16 ga. and a .22. It was cheap amo back then.