A New Radar Trap outside of Ajo.....

Well, I guess the Ajo shriff's department isn't bringing in enough money with their radar traps....they have now setup at the border partrol checkpoint south of Why....sitting behind a tree/bushes in between the speed zone signs (between 25/35)......there were 2 working that area........Driving School, here I come!!!:mad::hairout::aagh::fail:

south of why as you are coming from ajo, via phx, correct? i wonder if the reservation cops on the tucson end are going to set up their own. thnx for the tip!

lagrimas85

AKA Carnac
Well, I guess the Ajo shriff's department isn't bringing in enough money with their radar traps....they have now setup at the border partrol checkpoint south of Why....sitting behind a tree/bushes in between the speed zone signs (between 25/35)......Driving School, here I come!!!:mad::hairout::aagh::fail:
Actually Joe, Ajo is the training ground for new recruites from Tucson, they are really eagar to brown nose they're supervisor by handing out tickets. Most of them dont stay too long in Ajo.

lagrimas85

AKA Carnac
south of why as you are coming from ajo, via phx, correct? i wonder if the reservation cops on the tucson end are going to set up their own. thnx for the tip!
Today, they were south of the new checkpoint, between the checkpoint and the sign to organ pipe. I hit the 25 mile an hour sign going 60, thank god there was a guy in front of me doing the same.

mr.phx

Al Pastor Locator
Yep, dat's right. Saw the MAN in the 25 zone where they are building the new Border Patrol Facility just north of Why (you can't miss it), the road is bordered by orange cones. Watched a southbounder (midday Sunday) zip right through and the MAN jolted a U-E and lit after them like a rocket. I'm sure they were pulled over.

Last edited:

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
Midday sunday the cop was sitting right there in the 25mph construction zone, however I dont get speeding tickets because Im very good at checking down and using cruise control.

lagrimas85

AKA Carnac
I got a speeding ticket from a park ranger, in Organ Pipe 82 mph in the 55mph part, he said I could have my choice a Pima County ticket with points or a Federal ticket no points, so I took the Federal ticket. 472.00 dllrs

I was using cruise control, and clicked it off as I approached...letting the vehicle coast in....but didn't slow down enough.....what's the point of doing 25 for almost a quarter mile approaching the border patrol stop ? I had my radar detector on, and was picking up the cop.....but forgot that this border patrol stop doesn't have one of those speed/radar machines, like the one up towards Gila Bend which does set off the radar detector.....oh well!!!

My cop was an old timer...nice enough...but still gave me a ticket!

I got a speeding ticket from a park ranger, in Organ Pipe 82 mph in the 55mph part, he said I could have my choice a Pima County ticket with points or a Federal ticket no points, so I took the Federal ticket. 472.00 dllrs
No defensive driving school option???

mis2810

Help me out here. Are there now 2 checkpoints north of the border? I know there's the one just south of Gila Bend, but have they added another one?

My sister just got back yesterday and I haven't talked to her yet to get the scoop.

lagrimas85

AKA Carnac
Help me out here. Are there now 2 checkpoints north of the border? I know there's the one just south of Gila Bend, but have they added another one?

My sister just got back yesterday and I haven't talked to her yet to get the scoop.
Yes, 1 between Why and Lukeville now and the other one between Ajo and Gila Bend.

AZ ROB

Sorry about that Joe I came up to that check point a little fast on Sunday. Kinda suprised the sleeping agents I guess, first time I ever saw them throw the spike sticks when I was approaching..

Sorry about that Joe I came up to that check point a little fast on Sunday. Kinda suprised the sleeping agents I guess, first time I ever saw them throw the spike sticks when I was approaching..
Rob....remember...your vehicle is not a plane!!!!

Anyone going down this weekend....could you let me know what shape the speed limit signs are around the checkpoints.....rectangular or diamond?