A US tourist was beaten and stripped of cash...Periódico De Frente

Kenny

Well Known Member
Periódico De Frente
Se presentan dos robos con violencia en Puerto Peñasco en las últimas 24 horas; asaltantes logran cuantiosos botines
*Una turista estadounidense fue golpeada …
See More
Two robberies with violence are presented in Puerto Peñasco in the last 24 hours; assailants achieve large boots
* A US tourist was beaten and stripped of cash, and a grocery was assaulted with gun
Two acts of robbery with violence and excessive use of force, as well as an assault with an armed robbery have been filed in Puerto Peñasco in the last 24 hours, which did not leave people detained so far.
The first event was presented at 1:50 p.m. on September 22, when a robbery with force against a sexagenarian woman, originally from Phoenix, Arizona, was reported.
According to a municipal public safety report, Mrs. Cordina F. 60-year-old reported a robbery with violence.
The woman pointed out that the day in mention stopped her pick-up vehicle, Dodge Ram 2009, at the height of this city's baseball stadium, to make a call to a friend, but they suddenly climbed her pick up three people of the male sex and took her out of the vehicle, started hitting her and took the money out of her purse, the amount of approximately $ 2000, to immediately run away.
After the attack, her friend arrived and they went home, marking 911, and asked for the support of the ambulance arriving at the place a unit of Red Cross, communicating that it would be moved to a private clinic, receiving it by the doctor of the place, diagnosing wounds on the left side of the face, abdominal side and scoriations, blunted cop, injuries that take more than 15 days to heal and do not put life at risk, x-ray plates are pending.
For the facts so that appropriate approved police report was prepared.
The second violent robbery incident arose yesterday evening, Tuesday, September 22, in which a grocery store in the López Portillo colony was assaulted by armed forces.
The police report says that at 20:30 hours the assault was reported in the grocery under the name ′′ Garcia ", located on Reforma Street and Right of Via.
Upon arriving at the scene, police elements met with Ana Cristina J. 20-year-old, who informed officers that moments earlier a man of low height arrived at the place, who wore adulthrous pants, blue shirt in two shades, cap black, a blue handkerchief covering his face and a bandage on the right hand.
The subject addressed the young woman pointed a gun at him, while telling him to give him whatever money he had in box and also give him the one they had under the counter, taking an approximate 9,000 pesos on different denominations, taking a loaf from over the counter then retiring.
The facts were made iph for the corresponding inquiry.

·
Hide original
·

AZRob

Well Known Member
when people are hurting for money what else can they do. Dont go out at night or late hours. And dont carry big money on you. If you cant defend yourself be smart.

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
I saw that. 60 year old lady? Damn, that's rough. It used to be petty theft but no tourist money and zero trickle down and it will get rough in those streets... I suspect vehicle theft is next. Anyone that has a full size pickup should be aware, especially those Ford 7.3's...

Kenny

Well Known Member
You are seeing it on the cut and past I provided, but you don't know where we saw it?
I have no idea why they're different, and if you read the story it seems to me that this 60-year lady wasn't hanging around the ballpark by herself at 1:30 in the morning. "The woman pointed out that the day in mention stopped her pick-up vehicle". And then they make a point of saying the second robbery was in the evening.

Last edited:

RP Life

Well Known Member
Tell your friend Cordina (Mir) to explain what really happened so she can stop being victimized on here and on facebook where every other article of a cut and paste says 1:50am. So put your source of where your cut and paste came from.....
If I was the one that did the cut and paste and something was incorrect I would not hear the end of it.

Furthermore why if it happen at 1:50pm it makes her the victim. In my opinion AM or PM she is still a victim they really did not need to beat her up.

Last edited:

Kenny

Well Known Member
Tell your friend Cordina (Mir) to explain what really happened so she can stop being victimized on here and on facebook where every other article of a cut and paste says 1:50am. So put your source of where your cut and paste came from.....
If I was the one that did the cut and paste and something was incorrect I would not hear the end of it.

Furthermore why if it happen at 1:50pm it makes her the victim. In my opinion AM or PM she is still a victim they really did not need to beat her up.
I don't care what you think you know, and I don't care that you're crybaby because someone mentioned you cut and paste a lot. So listen up, I don't know anyone named Cordina.
It was on FB already interpreted with the heading and source in Spanish as shown. I checked the source. I posted it here. Anything more is all in the fantasy world you live in.[/QUOTE]

RP Life

Well Known Member
Deny Deny Deny Seems like you got butt hurt by my comment no crying here just stating the facts old man so on to something relevant

playaperro

El Pirata
I don't care what you think you know, and I don't care that you're crybaby because someone mentioned you cut and paste a lot. So listen up, I don't know anyone named Cordina.
It was on FB already interpreted with the heading and source in Spanish as shown. I checked the source. I posted it here. Anything more is all in the fantasy world you live in.
[/QUOTE]
We know Kenny you used to fish corvina with Cordina. You know better than to use Google translate and then come copy and paste on here, Inca told you many times, just run this through Google and you will get the right time, also C was a former resident of Phoenix, seems she enjoyed the calm and quiet of the night vs daytime. 8ADB3772-0513-4C81-B37D-87D45EC37A3E.png

Kenny

Well Known Member
We know Kenny you used to fish corvina with Cordina. You know better than to use Google translate and then come copy and paste on here, Inca told you many times, just run this through Google and you will get the right time, also C was a former resident of Phoenix, seems she enjoyed the calm and quiet of the night vs daytime. View attachment 17092
[/QUOTE]
I checked the source, but I didn't translate it. What you see is exactly what I cut and pasted from a post on FB, translation, and all.
How would you know what Edwardo told me? And Oh, could you translate the above for me?

playaperro

El Pirata
We know Kenny you used to fish corvina with Cordina. You know better than to use Google translate and then come copy and paste on here, Inca told you many times, just run this through Google and you will get the right time, also C was a former resident of Phoenix, seems she enjoyed the calm and quiet of the night vs daytime. View attachment 17092
I checked the source, but I didn't translate it. What you see is exactly what I cut and pasted from a post on FB, translation, and all.
How would you know what Edwardo told me? And Oh, could you translate the above for me?
[/QUOTE]
So it was translated already, I can see, no biggie.

Kenny

Well Known Member
If you would have read what I wrote yesterday, instead of being like our master cut and paster who also likes to jump to unfounded conclusions, you'd have already known that. Bad dog.;)

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
You were bringing us some good info Russ, I missed you. How are you doing? The neighbors? You're feet on the ground in the real Penasco, and any insight on how it is in town would be appreciated by me.
I only have my opinions on these issues. Naomi and I live a quiet life. We hear about things that happen from time to time and talk about it and see if it impacts our life or not. We know of the lady who got robbed and haven't heard anything from her at all. The other case where the young girl was robbed of 9000 pesos, we talked about that too..it reminded us of a case in Cottonwood where an employee talked openly of her duties at work with her friends who told their friends and they concocted a plan to rob the store in much the same way as this. Apparently these punks (in Peñasco) also knew there was more money under the counter....it is suspicious. Does it impact our life? No! Do I go around carrying large amounts of cash? No! So when folks on the forum post the mis translated often one sided reports in an effort to ,"warn" Americans....we just read it and smile. Life in this place is relatively calm everyday. When there is crime against innocents (which is rare) we take note just like we would if we read a police blog in any city anywhere. So I am responding because you asked me to. Naomi and I have been here +14 years fulltime and work among pretty much every different group of people living here but lately we have been working mostly with locals and we are very happy with our relationships and we would know if we had anything coming that would adversely affect our life....and its just not there. I know the folks out there will still try to "protect" us by posting police blotters...it is something entertaining to us so like Roger says "play on"

Kenny

Well Known Member
I only have my opinions on these issues.
I wasn't looking for one of your standard cheerleading sermons and comparisons to towns in the states as far as crime was concerned. I asked about how the town was doing. That would have been referring to the virus, of course. I should have known better.
And by the way, Galene and Robbie are doing just fine in Cottonwood just upriver from me..

Last edited: