Advertising for Rocky Point....

Have been hearing radio ads in Phoenix every day since last week for Penasco del Sol Hotel......good to see someone's got the right idea!

Wait until the next holiday and those ads will change to travel warnings telling people to stay away from Rocky Point... it's hard to trust the media anymore... they take your money for advertisments and then they'll turn around and stab you in the back when you need them the most, like the Holidays...

Roberto

Wait until the next holiday and those ads will change to travel warnings telling people to stay away from Rocky Point... it's hard to trust the media anymore... they take your money for advertisments and then they'll turn around and stab you in the back when you need them the most, like the Holidays...
While I don't trust the mediaeither, on this one I gotta disagree Sea. Broadcast media are particularly sensitive to where the advertising dollars come from. If there was a steady flow of advertising dollars from RP there would be a definate reduction of negative news reports. I guarantee it after 20 years in the business. Before we got gaming compacts with the state for the tribes in NM news coverage about Indian Gaming was uniformly negative, after the compacts we could and did use broadcast for advertising and attitudes changed overnight. Money talks big in broadcast, especially local stuff.

I would try to put together a part trade, part cash annual buy deal. Radio especially loves giveaways to use on promotions during the ratings sweeps "Listen to KKKK to win a fabulous weekend vacation at The Sonoran Sea Resort in Rocky Point". Might get condo owners to donate a couple of nights a year stays to an effort like that, it would surely benefit everyone and cost very little. They will think carefully about running a negative story about RP if there is an RP promo commercial scheduled in a news time slot.