Airslot Project.

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
Cool boat. If you bought it in RP, I've seen it out on the water in the past. Seemed to handle the slop real well. There is a core group out there that has these boats and swears by them. But due to their age, a lot of work involved in getting them and keeping them seaworthy.

Jerry_D

Cool boat. If you bought it in RP, I've seen it out on the water in the past. Seemed to handle the slop real well. There is a core group out there that has these boats and swears by them. But due to their age, a lot of work involved in getting them and keeping them seaworthy.
I picked it up in Tucson back in June. It was last registered 15 years ago. From the rust on the trailer, it must have been near salt water for quite some time.

mondone

Whitecaps
Looks like it was sitting in water docked at some point with the bottom anti-fouling painted hull. Good luck , looks interesting.

Roberto

Well Known Member
Looks good. Lots of work. What do you use for the color? Paint or some other material? Was sprayed on, right?

Jerry_D

It's actually orange. I wanter to go bold. Dropping off a bunch of parts to get sprayed with bed liner material.

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
It has a 200HP Johnson 2 stroke that runs good. Will have to do until can upgrade to a 4 strike.
You just MIGHT want to keep that kicker bracket in the meantime!! Hahahaha! The new 4 strokes aren't cheap, but they are definitely the way to go. Not sure how much weight that transom will support, but personally, I'd look at a pair of Yamaha inline 4 150's. If you're going to fish it offshore, twins provide a level of safety and security that a single anything can't.

These motors. 489 pounds each. But yeah, they're like $15k a copy new.

https://yamahaoutboards.com/en-us/home/outboards/350-150-hp/in-line-4

Roberto

Well Known Member
Could not help but notice the heads of the screws which appear to be holding the deck to the body (Sorry, don't know the proper terms). After changing hinges held with similar screws on the oceaside of the house every two years I hope those are stainless !!! Or how does that work?