Almost lost this one!

RIC

HA HA KENNY! i did not realize you snapped a few pics during that ordeal. the question is, was I

a) diving after a nice fish that popped off right at the surface.

b) diving overboard in despair after losing a nice fish in the rocks
while Bill holds on to my feet keeping me from taking my own life after
the traumatic experience of losing a big fish.

c) polishing the prop

:arrow: d) unwrapping over 50 ft of 200 lb test spectra from the prop after stupidly
forgetting to bring the line in on the last rod before backing up the boat right
into the line wrapping it in the prop and then snapping a nice daiwa rod in half.

ric

www.RICSROCKYPOINTFISHING.COM

I had an idea that that was what he was doing. I could not figure why he didn't raise the engine to work on it.

Sorry about that Ric. Sometimes we are having so much fun we forget what we are doing.

Did you at least catch some fish that day ?

Don't Worry Be Happy
Bill

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
Two words - Tilt and Trim! Learn them, use them. ;)

I will say that Ric is pretty damned trusting. If it was *me* holding his feet, I might not have been able to resist that "Ooops! I slipped moment!" followed by the inevitable splash and cursing! Hahahah!

B

bahiatrader

"Tilt and Trim! Learn them, use them." Well said Stuart. One time I had a dorado get tangled up in my outdrive. Instead of raising the outdrive, I bailed over the side to get it loose. In doing so, the fish hit me so hard on the head I momentarily lost consciousness. It probably would have been much easier and safer to just to push the tilt button. It's a good thing I'm fat enough to float. :lol:

RIC

Bill Hale said:
I had an idea that that was what he was doing. I could not figure why he didn't raise the engine to work on it.

Sorry about that Ric. Sometimes we are having so much fun we forget what we are doing.

Did you at least catch some fish that day ?

Don't Worry Be Happy
Bill

i actually had the motor trimmed up almost as far as it would go. the hydraulic steering assembly gets in the way of letting me trim the motor way up so i was stuck having to hang over the back. we did catch a lot of fish that day but the worst part was that after fishing that spot alone for a couple hours, another boat pulled up just in time to see me pull the dumba** move. luckily, the reel had the thicker brand of spectra so no line worked its way back to the seals.

ric

www.RICSROCKYPOINTFISHING.COM

RIC

Stuart said:
Two words - Tilt and Trim! Learn them, use them. ;)

I will say that Ric is pretty damned trusting. If it was *me* holding his feet, I might not have been able to resist that "Ooops! I slipped moment!" followed by the inevitable splash and cursing! Hahahah!

I figured i was safe as i was the one who knew the way back. Kenny would have figured out which direction to get back easily but bill didnt have a clue where we were so i figured i should have him hold my feet.

ric

www.RICSROCKYPOINTFISHING

Kenny

Ric, I don't think anyone knew it was you until you piped up. If anyone one had asked, and they didn't, I would have made up some ridiculous story about some crazy fisherman. Only the crazy part would have been true. LOL

We had a great day..[attachment=1:3ap3ryh0]ric 2 whites.JPG[/attachment:3ap3ryh0]
[attachment=0:3ap3ryh0]White Sea Bass.jpg[/attachment:3ap3ryh0]

Attachments

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
Kenny said:
My question is, why did 63 people look at it and not ask, who, what, or when..???

One more..
We considered the source, Kenny. :lol: :lol: :lol: