Another load of books

marybna

Well Known Member
2nd Look Books in Green Valley is giving me another load of books to bring down to the Newspaper. I have booked my condo for July 10 and 11th so I will bring them down then. I know a lot of you went and got books last time.

Mary

marybna

Well Known Member
I was at 2nd Look Books today and Lacey will have another load of books for me to bring down when I come down after the 4th. There will be children's books again along with everything else. I will again take them to the newspaper.

marybna

Well Known Member
I am coming down on Monday with another load of books. I will take them to the newspaper. There is only one box of children's books this time. These are from 2nd Look Books in Green Valley.

marybna

Well Known Member
When I was at the RP Times, they showed me the new library where they have put all of their books. It is very impressive.

marybna

Well Known Member
When I was getting all the books at the used bookstore to bring down to the newspaper. I got request for children's books. I am in Green Valley AZ and have had not a lot of luck picking up kids books to put at the library in the RPTimes. It would be great a some of us could get a few children's books and bring them down to the Newspaper.

Gandydancer

When I was getting all the books at the used bookstore to bring down to the newspaper. I got request for children's books. I am in Green Valley AZ and have had not a lot of luck picking up kids books to put at the library in the RPTimes. It would be great a some of us could get a few children's books and bring them down to the Newspaper.
Have you ever asked the White Elephant for needed books. I volunteer there 4 days a week in the movies and music department . I see 10 to 15 boxes a day donated to us. There are a lot of books that are sent on because of space. They look for people that need books. As for me getting them to RP, I will bring down the next time I go. Health has slowed down my trips to RP, but I am looking forward to going some day.

Roberto

Well Known Member
Please keep an eye out for books in Spanish. Much needed here. If you get those I will come and pick them up.

marybna

Well Known Member
Thank you I will go talk to them. The library at the Newspaper has really grown. Alot of people still do not know about all the books they have.

Roberto

Well Known Member
I inherited the shelves and many of the books when the Las Conchas Library closed from lack of use. I have lots of shelf space. Have gotten books for the Times several times. I go through 2 or 3 a weeks usually. I take a box and get a box.

marybna

Well Known Member
Today I went to 2nd Look Books. They had another box oof books for me to bring down when I come down. The newspaper has a real good library of paperbacks for us all to use.

Gandydancer

Today I went to 2nd Look Books. They had another box oof books for me to bring down when I come down. The newspaper has a real good library of paperbacks for us all to use.
My wife and I are planning to go to Rocky Point the 6th of February. I think I can pickup a couple boxes of books from the White Elephant. Are there any certain kind of books wanted. Also does hardback or paperback matter. I hope I can find the newspaper. Never been there.

Roberto

Well Known Member
I read the popular junk, but would love to get some books in Spanish speaking for friends. Youth related and children's books mostly but anything. There is no city lending library here and each school has it's own so many schools have no library at all. A friends daughter, age 15 told her mother all she wanted for Christmas was a book !! You can buy them here but they are priced well beyond the means of the average family.

Rocky Point Times is just off Calle Trece, 13th Street, (at the traffic light on Benito Juarez with the big fish statue) It is down near the end, just behind the only Oxxo on the left side of the street going toward the big hotel. Turn left at the Oxxo, look to the right and it is the single story building, parking off street in the front.

Thanks for helping !!

marybna

Well Known Member
For 20 years I go to the Newspaper when I need help. They tell you where to get to get things or how to find things. They have been the biggest and best promoters of Rocky Point.

marybna

Well Known Member
2nd Look Books in Green Valley is giving me another load of books to bring down to the Newspaper. I have booked my condo for July 10 and 11th so I will bring them down then. I know a lot of you went and got books last time.

Mary

marybna

Well Known Member
I live in Green Valley so children's book are never at garage sales. If you run across children books they could really use some. One time, I took some coloring books that I had used at school for the kids. They was gone before I even go them to the Newspaper. A women I knew at SPA did work with children and took them and the crayons to children that did not have things like that. I was going to do it again but lost track of her.

Gandydancer

I live in Green Valley so children's book are never at garage sales. If you run across children books they could really use some. One time, I took some coloring books that I had used at school for the kids. They was gone before I even go them to the Newspaper. A women I knew at SPA did work with children and took them and the crayons to children that did not have things like that. I was going to do it again but lost track of her.
I also live in Green Valley, but will do everything I can to find books at the White Elephant. We are headed to Rocky Point around the 6th of
February. Just the two of us. Haven't done this for three years because of health. Usually go down in July, but that is with family and grandchildren. 6 of us so the van is pretty full then. (Teachers 3 out of 6) But for now if we can get together we can take your books to RP. We will have plenty of room.

marybna

Well Known Member
When is the Newspaper moving? WE all have really helped get a good library going. We really need to continue looking for children"s books. 2nd look has another box for me.