Any One Know What Happened In Las Conchas Sat. Night 3/31?

We were up on the roof at around 6:30 p.m. or so and here comes a caravan of police vehciles - pick ups with three masked guys in each truck (about 5 or 6 trucks) and a police van with the side of the van open - i could see a bunch more police in the van. As they were passing our house (in the Las Mareas Section), they actually waived to us and then continued on into section 6 - we lost sight of them and never saw them come back out - first time i've ever seen something like that down there. I 'm just wondering if there is any news of a bust or something.

Funny they waived to you... when we went to Esperanza Para Los Ninos there was nothing on the road as far as road blocks... when we were returning first we were stopped by the military and before he could ask anything I said we were returning from the Casa Hogar Para Los Ninos and showed receipts from donations... and the soldier just said Thank You and waved us on...

A few miles closer to town the police were set up and checking everyone... we know many on the police force and when we got to the part where they were asking for everyones registrations they just waved us on and one of the officers with the masks on said Hola Mark y Barbara... I just said Hola and drove on with a smile....

Last edited:

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
We were up on the roof at around 6:30 p.m. or so and here comes a caravan of police vehciles - pick ups with three masked guys in each truck (about 5 or 6 trucks) and a police van with the side of the van open - i could see a bunch more police in the van. As they were passing our house (in the Las Mareas Section), they actually waived to us and then continued on into section 6 - we lost sight of them and never saw them come back out - first time i've ever seen something like that down there. I 'm just wondering if there is any news of a bust or something.
Funny you should say that. Sunday morning Im driving south on the street that goes to the Mirador, just south of where it Y splits with Benito Juarez. I see a regular municipal cop walk out of a little bodega on the east side of the street, he walks around the corner going east into what appeared to be a little hotel maybe. I look east as Im driving by and all I see is 20+ heavily armed municipal police, some wearing ski masks in what appeared to be a pre-raid meeting or command post. That's all that I saw in the brief second that I had when I drove by and then my view was obstructed. First thought immediately was those were for sure cops right?! Second was yes and then what the hell is going on?! Something you might expect to see from the army or mexican marines but not the municipal police. Never saw them again, just thought it was funny what you mentioned it. Wonder what they were up to?

Roberto

There has been a across the board enforcement effort to clean up for Semana Santa. Many higher level govt. folk from around Mexico vacation here. Effort to put a best foot forward. Yeah, yeah, I know why not for Spring Break. Why because Penasco is becoming more of a Mexican Resort than a US resort.

playaperro

El Pirata
La palabra on the carretera is they were on their way to pick up the scum bag Francisco hernandez mandujano and some how took the direct road out of Las Conchas. jeez you think the guards tiped him off! Pinchi rata got away!!

I actually saw Francisco driving a couple of weeks ago - he passed me in his pickup - i only know what he looks like from years ago because my friend's parents had a house on the beach and he always pestered them about using him for maintenance - they never gave in. I guess he didn't need the kidney transplant after all.