Any trouble at the border ?

Roberto

Drove up to Sonoita and Lukeville got hassled by a Federale who stopped me to be sure I was OK. Crossed the border, on foot. Got hassled by the poor lady begging with the walker, was forced to show my passport to the ICE folk inside. Had a dirty look from the clerk at the store when I swiped a bag for my mail. Got hassled by the Postmistress Nazi for having too much mail in the box. She sent back a package from my brother for the third time. Picked up two liters at WETA, got hassled by the clerk to buy a third to get a 10% discount. Strolled back across and punched the pedestrian button, got the red light, walked out to the inspectors who carefully examined every bottle and inquired as to the cost of Glenlivit 18 year old. Got hassled by the begger again. Had to risk stopping along the highway to pee on the return. Was frightened by seeing TWO Federales patrolling but not stopped. One guy waved at me. Hit a bad pothole on Fremont. All in all you can see it was a very stressful trip. No wonder people are cancelling their trips down.

Drove up to Sonoita and Lukeville got hassled by a Federale who stopped me to be sure I was OK. Crossed the border, on foot. Got hassled by the poor lady begging with the walker, was forced to show my passport to the ICE folk inside. Had a dirty look from the clerk at the store when I swiped a bag for my mail. Got hassled by the Postmistress Nazi for having too much mail in the box. She sent back a package from my brother for the third time. Picked up two liters at WETA, got hassled by the clerk to buy a third to get a 10% discount. Strolled back across and punched the pedestrian button, got the red light, walked out to the inspectors who carefully examined every bottle and inquired as to the cost of Glenlivit 18 year old. Got hassled by the begger again. Had to risk stopping along the highway to pee on the return. Was frightened by seeing TWO Federales patrolling but not stopped. One guy waved at me. Hit a bad pothole on Fremont. All in all you can see it was a very stressful trip. No wonder people are cancelling their trips down.
Oh what a stressful day!!! :rofl:

The federales were weird the last time I was down (2 weekends ago). I was heading back to AZ on cruise control, with another gringo behind me...doing a nice 70-75 mph. Looked in my rearview, and saw a federale hauling ass coming up the rear....without his radar...since mine had not gone off. I disengaged the cruise....and he zipped by me and the other car doing at least 90! Back on the cruise after he was ahead of us a ways. Then about 20 miles from the border, my radar went bonkers...I hit the brakes, and came around a turn with that same federale sitting on the other side shoulder with another federale...this one with his radar on. They didn't come after us...so I figured I had dropped low enough. Back on the cruise...and about 5 miles down the road...look in the rearview...and there's that federal again hauling ass .....no radar....again passes both of us. That was the last I saw of him.

This was after not seeing any federales patrolling for the previous 2 trips.....

S

Submarine

Macallan sherry oak finish makes Glenlivet taste like hair of the dog.

InkaRoads

cronopiador
Last Tuesday I took a group down and I was quite surprise to see the federales patrolling the road one going down and the other going up, both running around 90+ I was doing 72.5 in my cruise control so to stay under the 10 miles above, which in reality does not matter in Mexico!! :eek3:

InkaRoads

cronopiador
During my scotch drinking days I drunk Johnny Walker or Glenlivet and I thought it tasted pretty good, although been a drink beer I prefer XX and yes my mom has a tatoo that reads "SON" :rofl::rofl:
I rather drink Tecate, I just think that commercial is hilarious!! :eek3:

tortuga

I've had two friends stopped by the Mexican Highway Patrol and they were told that if the they stay under 65 they would be OK. The speed limit on the highway is 90 kph which is about 55 mph.

S

Submarine

I misspoke, I meant Glenmorangie sherry wood finish. It's been hard to find another bottle and I think I got that one at Ueta.

I've had two friends stopped by the Mexican Highway Patrol and they were told that if the they stay under 65 they would be OK. The speed limit on the highway is 90 kph which is about 55 mph.
And how much did that sage advice cost them? I "ass"ume they were going over 65???

I have always held the 65 until I get passed and then drop in behind a high flier. Now with the Federales crusing at about 90 they can come up beind you and get you. I think I will hold the 65 from now on. Is a few min. saved worth the hastle. Not sure on my math but I think 65 mph or 75 mph = 7 min saved for the trip. And we go there to relax.