Any trouble at the border ?

jaime grande

Our Love Shack
We are coming down in May and we want to know if anyone has had any trouble at the border since the new AZ law went into effect ?

P

Pete

Over 70% of the people approve of the law. The Mexicans who waited in line and became American citizens Legally are in favor of the new law. Mainly the only people who dont approve of the law are the ones who choose to break the law and enter illegally. The USA fed govt has the same laws, too bad they dont enforce it or secure the border. The fed govt has forced AZ to enanct this law. Unfortunately along w/ hard working people comming over are thousands of criminals who are flooding AZ's prisons & making AZ a crime capital. The solution is simple....completely secure the border...enact a temporary visa worker program for just enough workers....problem solved...the workers get to legally work & enter safely & the borders are secure....

jaime grande

Our Love Shack
Hey people I've been going to RP for over 20 years and I know some of you have been going down even longer. I know the law is not in effect yet, but gee thanks for pointing that out. We try to come down once a month for a few days and people ask us about all the bad crap that the rumor mill has dredged up. Now it's "are you scared to go to Mexico? We heard that americans are the target of retaliation." These people are IDIOTS. Are we scared to come "hell no" are we careful "always " and thats the reason for this post !
So there !

playaperro

El Pirata
The Tortilla Curtain

Hey people I've been going to RP for over 20 years and I know some of you have been going down even longer. I know the law is not in effect yet, but gee thanks for pointing that out. We try to come down once a month for a few days and people ask us about all the bad crap that the rumor mill has dredged up. Now it's "are you scared to go to Mexico? We heard that americans are the target of retaliation." These people are IDIOTS. Are we scared to come "hell no" are we careful "always " and thats the reason for this post !
So there !
I agree 100% Jaime I guess I misread your post..

Rhino

I just returned to Arizona from Rocky Point with representatives from four generations of my family. As always, we had nothing but a great time. In addition to spending time at our home and the beach, we went to restaurants, visited Rodeo Drive and the Malecon and were treated with respect as we respected those around us...we had zero issues; only fun. I personally feel the town is on the verge of really rocking again and people are catching on that so many of the rumors are nothing but unfounded negativity. Viva Penasco!

JayT

Drove down to RP Friday and returned this afternoon. Spent time in town and went to a few restaurants. Saw the Dia del trabajo parade on Saturday. Everyone was super nice as always. I was worried there might be some backlash, but the locals were really nice and everything seemed normal.

cheatka

amen

Over 70% of the people approve of the law. The Mexicans who waited in line and became American citizens Legally are in favor of the new law. Mainly the only people who dont approve of the law are the ones who choose to break the law and enter illegally. The USA fed govt has the same laws, too bad they dont enforce it or secure the border. The fed govt has forced AZ to enanct this law. Unfortunately along w/ hard working people comming over are thousands of criminals who are flooding AZ's prisons & making AZ a crime capital. The solution is simple....completely secure the border...enact a temporary visa worker program for just enough workers....problem solved...the workers get to legally work & enter safely & the borders are secure....

amen!!!!!!!!

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
I just returned to Arizona from Rocky Point with representatives from four generations of my family. As always, we had nothing but a great time. In addition to spending time at our home and the beach, we went to restaurants, visited Rodeo Drive and the Malecon and were treated with respect as we respected those around us...we had zero issues; only fun. I personally feel the town is on the verge of really rocking again and people are catching on that so many of the rumors are nothing but unfounded negativity. Viva Penasco!
More comments like this please!

Spent the weekend of May 1 thru May 3 in Penasco....very relaxing, no problems whatsoever (particularly since I don't drive a Ford F250 diesel:rofl:). No problems at the border....the Customs guy was a sourpuss, but professional....only a couple short questions....took about 10 minutes to get thru (about 2pm).

Bosty

How much for 2?
Spent last weekend in RP. Thursday through Sunday- no issues (other than the wind!). Town was quiet on Thursday, lunch at taco stand- only ones there, dinner at Flavio's- only 2 other groups there (there was 9 of us). Friday was better, lunch at JJ's- a few more people, dinner at La Curva- good crowd, Saturday was the same- more people on the beach we stayed at the Reef, LOT's of empty spaces), Dinner at the Friendly Dolphin- smaller crowd than usual. I drive an F-250 diesel and still have it; no-one was decapitated, no issues at all. People were as friendly as always. We hit the border at 11:09 on Sunday morning and were through on our way at 11:15- 6 minutes even though he wanted to look in our 5th wheel. Will be back in July.
Can't wait!!

fasteddy

We were down from Friday to Monday - had a great time at Chango's, Mary's. Boo Bar, Capone's, Cameltoe, Pollo Lucas, Everything was great, only dissapointment was Pablo having equipment trouble at the Black Dog. Wheather could have been better but wasn't horrible

Has anybody heard the band play at Debbies? I must be getting old but the music was way to loud!

Got to the border at 2:00 Monday, 20 minute wait.

Heading back on Memorial Day

Ed

Last edited:

AZ ROB

Heading back down this weekend to do some fishing glad to hear all the good news. We will also be down on Memorial weekend.

S

Submarine

My brother and 10 friends cancelled their Memorial Day weekend trip. They all drive newer customized Dodge and Ford diesel 4x4's and decided it wasn't worth the risk.

I

Indecomm

We got back from Rocky Point last Sunday. Had a great time! Was still slow during the day but picked up at nite. Weather was perfect and no lines coming back Sunday AM. Great trip!

A

adcs

I really don't want to stir the pot or whatever that is not my intention. But I just want to say that the last few years in rocky point around spring break time, Arizona always puts out a travel warning telling people not to travel to mexico which involves spending money in Mexico. But spring break time is the time of year when the locals usually make some money so they can live the rest of the year.So just like Arizona Mexico has issued travel warnings not to travel to Arizona(so to speak).Just a thought.
So what is next? Arizona refuses to spend money in Mexico????