anybody fish over the long weekend?

rplarry

Location, location, location.... You guys all crack me up.

A school of Corvina can move 30 miles in a day, but schools always breeze through the 1st estuary at least a couple times a day. Use the tide schedule and plan to be out there during the tide changes, and during either first light or at dusk (or both).

It's June- PRIME time to be out hammering the shorelines.
That's so funny because I was just getting ready to reply to Mexico Joe and was thinking the same thing. Those fish move around so fast and so far that often times it really is luck if you show up at the right place at the right time. I could have been 20 min later than I was that morning and wouldn't have caught a thing. As I mentioned, I caught both of those in my first 10 minutes out there, and then fished another 50 min. for nada. Same thing when coming back on Monday. It's completely hit & miss as we all know.

To reply to Mexico Joe, I was out in La Morua . As Robert stated, these fish can be all over. I have caught tons off the beach/reefs in Las Conchas from my kayak and casting into bait balls. In fact one time, there were so many corvina, ever time my lure barely hit the water, I would get a hook-up. I would be sitting in the yak, getting the corvina off the hook and onto the stringer and my lure would be dangling from my pole down in the water and I would get a hook-up just sitting there.

I have also had good luck casting at high tide and off of the rocks in Mirador. And funny as it seems, the largest corvina I have ever caught was right below the Malecon/fish market. I caught 3 in about a 20 min timeframe, the smallest being 20" and the largest going about 25". My shrimp guy was just laughing as I kept bring up fish for him to filet for me. That was fun.

But again, I was lucky in being there at that time. Came back several other times and got completely skunked. Same goes with each location mentioned. Don't necessarily have a "favorite spot", usually fish the spot I have a gut feeling about that day and can get to quickly because with young kids back at the house, fishing time is a bit more limited when we are down in RP now.

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
I wasnt asking because I planned on fishing the exact same spot, just compiling data. I also would like to have multiple spots to fish but its not as easy for me. Ive wanted to fish in front of the boo bar and south along those rocks for about a year now. From the boo bar at sunset I have seen fish running bait. However the hard problem for me is that I need help launching and I dont know anyone at La Bahia. Same with La Muara and La Pinta, would love to fish them but cant. I just came across an excellent GPS phone app that I believe can be utilized in Mexico for marking. The app claims that you can utilize the GPS in your phone WITHOUT cell coverage or DATA. I had a handheld Garmin for a short period of time and I can say so far this $10 app is 100 times better. If this thing works in Mexico Im going to lose my mind... which brings me to my next question, does anyone want to share any MARKS near Cholla Bay??? PM would be awesome!

I caught 3 nice pompano and 1 corvina from the rocks on Pinto Pt. in Cholla on Saturday. Wind and spray were a bit brutal.