Anybody have donations for PP?

Bill... I understand where you're coming from... I know we do give stuff away to the poor... but we are also trying to educate and find work for them as well so that they can have the feeling of accomplishment and a little self esteem... I just don't feel we are effecting the economy with the volume of items we give away...

lagrimas85

AKA Carnac
I remember reading, in the newspaper when i worked in Mexicali over 20 years ago, the government there was tired of filling up its landfills with America's junk, I was at the border back then every morning paying my bribes to get semi loads of plywood and OSB across the border, besides me it was semi loads of used TV's, washers,dryers, clothes, cars,furniture and semi after semi of used steel and lumber coming from Los Angeles all probably legal back then, but it could have been at that point when the used stuff started to become illegal.

lagrimas85

AKA Carnac
Bill... I understand where you're coming from... I know we do give stuff away to the poor... but we are also trying to educate and find work for them as well so that they can have the feeling of accomplishment and a little self esteem... I just don't feel we are effecting the economy with the volume of items we give away...
I will be down later this month full time, can't wait to help you. I bought a big bag of green apples to take down to you last week, but they got juiced and dont worry I was prepared to pay the tax or mordida, what ever it takes. Probably Mordida. I forgot to post after I bought the green apples we had to go to Mexicali and couldn't get down to RP, that why they got juiced. Fabiola had a stroke about 8 weeks ago and her nuerologist is in Mexicali.

Last edited:
Great Bill... it will be nice to see you around more often.... Oh and thanks for the green apples especially the part of juicing them... :stir:

I was just talking with Blanca and she was wanting to talk to all of us about Maria....

lagrimas85

AKA Carnac
Great Bill... it will be nice to see you around more often.... Oh and thanks for the green apples especially the part of juicing them... :stir:

I was just talking with Blanca and she was wanting to talk to all of us about Maria....
She isn't answering Fabiola's call's, her appointment is this month for the hearing aids.

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
Bill, we are still friends but we will have to agree to disagree. I knew when I was 12 that I was meant to be a social worker. I took all the Spanish classes I could and I was lucky to grow up in a Barrio in Tempe called La Victoria. Most of my friends were Barrio kids and I practiced my Spanish on them because at that time, in the mid 70's, all they taught in schools was Castellano, de Espana. That was almost useless for me.....I have been going to Rocky Point for 46 years. I remember when families of 10 or more, lived in railroad cars by 13th st and Benito Juarez.....Now, helping at the Community Center, I have seen Nuevo Penasco. People live in shacks built with cardboard, Ocotillo ribs, carpet, tarps, plastic and pieces of plywood. They pee in a bucket, for God's sake.....They don't have any money. They couldn't buy anything from a vendor....As Mark said, what little I can bring is a blessing because they don't have 2 pesos to rub together......I will continue to hold my little corner up and trust in God that the needy get what little I bring..........OK, I'm off my soapbox......

lagrimas85

AKA Carnac
Bill, we are still friends but we will have to agree to disagree. I knew when I was 12 that I was meant to be a social worker. I took all the Spanish classes I could and I was lucky to grow up in a Barrio in Tempe called La Victoria. Most of my friends were Barrio kids and I practiced my Spanish on them because at that time, in the mid 70's, all they taught in schools was Castellano, de Espana. That was almost useless for me.....I have been going to Rocky Point for 46 years. I remember when families of 10 or more, lived in railroad cars by 13th st and Benito Juarez.....Now, helping at the Community Center, I have seen Nuevo Penasco. People live in shacks built with cardboard, Ocotillo ribs, carpet, tarps, plastic and pieces of plywood. They pee in a bucket, for God's sake.....They don't have any money. They couldn't buy anything from a vendor....As Mark said, what little I can bring is a blessing because they don't have 2 pesos to rub together......I will continue to hold my little corner up and trust in God that the needy get what little I bring..........OK, I'm off my soapbox......
My Madrina, was from La Victoria, she was Carolina, from Carolinas Mexican Food on Mojave, famous for they're flour tortilla's. New Times Best If you ever want to apologize I'm always available' Just kidding LJ. I have been around all that since I was a little kid, In the 60's in RP you didn't have to be poor to live that way, they didn't even know what poor was. They lived in Rail cars, abandoned freezers anything, but they didn't know they were poor, I think we made them feel poor.