Anyone headed out this weekend?

Does anyone know what the impetus is for the focus on dogs crossing into Mexico? I mean, for all of the things the Mexican border guards could be looking for to be taking pictures of dogs (what the hell are they doing with the pictures?) and being so intensely interested in the dog issue seems pretty whacked. I understand a check of your documents but come on?

mis2810

I came through yesterday morning about 9:45. No problem at all with washes. Was sprinkling a little while I was still on I-10. The new tent is huge. They're now using a handheld computer to log your car as you're leaving. Got the green light and was on my way. Humid, yes. But still happy to be here -ABSOLUTELY! I even got to hear Rosie talking about me on the radio!

mondone

Whitecaps
Yes, the tent lane is just one lane. Seems like it could handle two if need be, but I doubt they will. There was certainly quite a few officers when we went through, one to ask the questions, two checking under the vehicles with mirrors and flashlights, and another one with a handheld PDA apparently logging plate #'s as the first officer is interrogating. Another one or two just standing around probably to do more detailed inspections should they feel the need. It did appear they have an area to the right under the tent just for that purpose. I just hope to hell the Mexican side isn't going to ask Luxe' to pose for a 4 x 6 glossy every damn time we enter now. That will be a monthly modeling session I can do without. :hairout:

mondone

Whitecaps
Just realized this thread is under "Fishing". I didn't see that till now and sorry I continued to steer this puppy off course.

jerry

Yes, the tent lane is just one lane. Seems like it could handle two if need be, but I doubt they will. There was certainly quite a few officers when we went through, one to ask the questions, two checking under the vehicles with mirrors and flashlights, and another one with a handheld PDA apparently logging plate #'s as the first officer is interrogating. Another one or two just standing around probably to do more detailed inspections should they feel the need. It did appear they have an area to the right under the tent just for that purpose. I just hope to hell the Mexican side isn't going to ask Luxe' to pose for a 4 x 6 glossy every damn time we enter now. That will be a monthly modeling session I can do without. :hairout:
The sickening and really disappointing thing is if I had to smuggle dog biscuits into Mexico in a body cavity my dog would not mind a bit....

Kelney

Sorry to put the thread back on course but I decided to head out and hit a variety of reefs due West. I lost 5 lbs in water weight for the experience. The heat and humidity was the most intense I have felt while bottom fishing. I decided to try my hand at trolling a little with no love between reefs. Saw lots of surface life but not much below surface action for myself. Probably because my patience was low due to the heat. I called it a day at about 1:00 as me and my son were sucking down water at a record rate and water was getting low. Overall, I enjoyed my time on the water. I just enjoyed it much more when I was moving.

dmcauley

Sorry to put the thread back on course but I decided to head out and hit a variety of reefs due West. I lost 5 lbs in water weight for the experience. The heat and humidity was the most intense I have felt while bottom fishing. I decided to try my hand at trolling a little with no love between reefs. Saw lots of surface life but not much below surface action for myself. Probably because my patience was low due to the heat. I called it a day at about 1:00 as me and my son were sucking down water at a record rate and water was getting low. Overall, I enjoyed my time on the water. I just enjoyed it much more when I was moving.
We went out Saturday Kelney, it was hot out 40+ miles but bearable. Loaded up the boat with fish 5 to 50 pounds.