ANYTHING NEEDED TO BRING IN A 16 FT BOAT

As thing change I thought I would check on this. I know they had dropped the permit but not sure now.
Boat 16 ft outboard. Have reg. on boat and trailer.
Thanks

It is finally getting well. Had a bad start due to failure of the Dr. to manage my rehab program. I went for about 5 days with no therapy.
The norm is that you are out of bed and walking, with help , the afternoon of the surgery. Then regular therapy right away.
All said I am doing good enough that I finished the rehab on the boat I bought in RP last year. I am sure ready to be back down again and go fishing.
Thanks for asking

mondone

Whitecaps
Actually, they have been cracking down at the border. If your motor boat or sailboat is more than four and a half meters long (14'-6"), you will need to get a Temporary Vessel Import Permit in order to cross with your boat in tow. They will also ask for the original and a copy of the boat registration, your passport, driver’s license and title to your vehicle. Unfortunately, you cannot obtain the permit in person at the Lukeville crossing. The easiest way to obtain the permit is to apply online, so I hear. I am fortunate as my RIB craft is documented as 14 feet, even though it really physically measures longer, so they haven't hassled me so far.

When we down 2 weeks ago had a 14ft on top of truck and they just asked where we were headed and that was it. The boat does have current AZ registration decal on it

I have brought my 16' Hobie across the border numerous times since we started talking about this permit, I think they only asked for papers on it once, and never asked for the permit.

mondone

Whitecaps
It's all what the shake down d'jour is for the given day like anything else at Sonoyta crossing. Just be prepared, they already tried to hassle me. Could care less about the dog the last 2 times other than " Oh, what a cute dog"! The boat was another story. Just be prepared to have to turn back without a TIP possibly.