Are all the beaches, uh, rocky?

P

phxfan

At the few beaches I've been too in RP it's bothered me that you can't walk far into the water without hitting rocks. Are all the beaches like that or is it just the ones I've been too?

Thank you.

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
It's called "Rocky Point" for a reason?

Seriously, not all the beaches are like that. The beaches south of town, from Las Conchas to San Jorge, are primarily sand for a long way out. Part of it depends on the tide. If you swim near high tide, you're less likely to encounter reefs and rocks. Sandy beach is just that, too - sandy. There are some small reefs and rocks here and there, but mostly pretty sandy bottom for a good ways out.

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
The ones with rocks on them are rocky and the ones with the sandy stuff are sandy what else can be said? I like both!

A

azbeachboy

Just plan your trip around the full and the new moon. You'll have good high tides and no rocks.

S

Submarine

That brings me to a question. I know how the tide charts show you how much the tide is going to vary each day, and I try to go when it's ~~~~~ like that so there isn't much variation. But how do you know when the tide is going to stay all the way up the beach or 1000 yards out?
Enquiring and inebriated minds want to know *hic*

You can get a tide chart from either Rocky Point Times or Join Us. The high tides is indicated at the high point of the hunp. They will aslo tell you on the chart what time it is. If you go to the beach about an hour prior to high tide, you will get a good couple of hours in. Your other option is a drive to Playa Encanto will alway give you a good day at the beach without rocks. Happy beaching.

You can get a tide chart from either Rocky Point Times or Join Us. The high tides is indicated at the high point of the hunp. They will aslo tell you on the chart what time it is. If you go to the beach about an hour prior to high tide, you will get a good couple of hours in. Your other option is a drive to Playa Encanto will alway give you a good day at the beach without rocks. Happy beaching.
Yeah....thanks to the developer over there, we lost that nice little parking area on the rise when you come in....

I think Sub was either pulling everyone's leg on the Tide Charts stuff, or he really was sloshed when he wrote it.....

I would agree on Desemboque. When I had my rail I would go miles down the beach. More shell and a lot nicer. Lobos is nicer than Desemboque but who goes that far.

Well worth the drive, especially if you miss the little place Penasco used to be. It's the beach I grew up going to. It's an hour drive from Pitiquito and we would make a big ordeal out of packing up like we were going on vacation for weeks...just to spend the day at the beach!. My grandmother and great-aunts would sit and gossip while they collected little stacks of shells, the cousins would get all rowdy and play all day in the sea and sand, the uncles drinking and telling lies about their exploits and at night we would sit around and listen to scary stories and fascinating tales of our earlier generations of relatives. I can literally recount all the stories to this day.

Samples:
- Don Manuel Gamboa, famous diviner from Pitiquito who actually was part of the investigation into the kidnapping of the Lindbergh baby
- My great-grandfather, father of nine, died in the desert on one of his many prospecting trips. Stories abounded of how his footsteps could be heard on the roof of the house long after his death. He used to spend a lot of time up there, apparently. Anyway, the family would run up to check and there was no one, but sometimes tools of his would be left in weird places.
- El Carrizales, a relative who rode with Pancho Villa was said to have buried a treasure in the desert somewhere and there was always talk of how on Dia de los Muertos, strange lights would appear to help guide the living to the treasures.

There's more...much more...

Alright guys, thanks for the trip down memory lane

Kenny

to the beach Rosie

Is this how you and your sister got to the beach Rosie? click it.Me%20&%20Lulu%20On&.jpg

Last edited:

InkaRoads

cronopiador
Well worth the drive, especially if you miss the little place Penasco used to be. It's the beach I grew up going to. It's an hour drive from Pitiquito and we would make a big ordeal out of packing up like we were going on vacation for weeks...just to spend the day at the beach!. My grandmother and great-aunts would sit and gossip while they collected little stacks of shells, the cousins would get all rowdy and play all day in the sea and sand, the uncles drinking and telling lies about their exploits and at night we would sit around and listen to scary stories and fascinating tales of our earlier generations of relatives. I can literally recount all the stories to this day.

Samples:
- Don Manuel Gamboa, famous diviner from Pitiquito who actually was part of the investigation into the kidnapping of the Lindbergh baby
- My great-grandfather, father of nine, died in the desert on one of his many prospecting trips. Stories abounded of how his footsteps could be heard on the roof of the house long after his death. He used to spend a lot of time up there, apparently. Anyway, the family would run up to check and there was no one, but sometimes tools of his would be left in weird places.
- El Carrizales, a relative who rode with Pancho Villa was said to have buried a treasure in the desert somewhere and there was always talk of how on Dia de los Muertos, strange lights would appear to help guide the living to the treasures.

There's more...much more...

Alright guys, thanks for the trip down memory lane
it is amazing how latin families are alike in that sense, I say we should go and burn some wood and tell some old stories, like the one we had about "teto" I will never forget that one!! geez!!! talk about memories, Rosie, you know how I like to hang on there with those old memories!!

Kenny

That be Tonto.

That pic is one of my all-time favorites, although I really do need to get you a more updated photo, Kenny.
Na, this one is just fine, it's a great picture Rosie... Maybe it reminds me of the picture I used to have of me sitting up on a paint horse at Corriganville with Jay Silverheels. I was about that same age....Ta-i Kemo Sabe, that be Tonto.:-D
I'll bet maybe a few of you might remember that place out in the Simi Valley.