Arturo's fishing charter in Puerto Lobos

JoseAz

Well Known Member
Has anyone been down to Puerto Lobos and fished with Arturo?
Is he a one man show or use multiple guides? Facebook posts are amazing. What was your experience like? any tips? Recommendations?
We are in Penasco 1st weekend in March. should be able to catch some right?

Jungle Jim

Well Known Member
Car-Tell country. They own everything that comes out of the Sea there. If you don't pay then expect to be terminado. Make sure that your life insurance is up to date, although it certainly has a clause as to no pay in a foreign war zone.

JJ

audsley

Well Known Member
Arturo (actually AJ, the son) is a nice guy and you will catch fish, mostly yellowtail, if you fish with him in March. AJ is the main guy. Whether you go with him or he sends you out with someone else probably depends on how many clients he's getting at the time. Times are tough down there right now. You should contact him on Facebook and ask him these things. You will do mostly jigging. You might also catch grouper, calico bass and other miscellaneous. Bait fishing in the ocean often yields surprises, sometimes pleasant ones such as flounder and snapper and sometimes not (i.e., eels, scorpion fish, octopus). You might ask him about flounder. I believe AJ is pretty much a reef pounder and flounder are more in the sandy flats, but AJ might have gotten into flounder since it's a popular fish and flounder fishing is most productive there in the winter. Also, check at the store to see if they're still serving carne asada tacos on Friday nights. I ate there a couple of months ago and the whole meal was great.

Cartels do have ways of extracting income from local economies, but you will not deal with them directly nor is it likely you will see any indication of their presence in the area.

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
Car-Tell country. They own everything that comes out of the Sea there. If you don't pay then expect to be terminado. Make sure that your life insurance is up to date, although it certainly has a clause as to no pay in a foreign war zone.

JJ
Damn, JJ's alive?! I thought the Covid might have done you in...

Jungle Jim

Well Known Member
Thanks for your concern Joe!

Don't forget that I got banded from the forum for most of last year. Don't even know why since the "moderator" is too spineless to fess up. Just a taste of the commie crap coming to you and yours and our so called "free speech".

Just now leaving for Mirador and a looong weekend. No Chink-A-Flew here en me casa. If you recall I did have a near death experience that might have been the enemy bio-weapon back last April. I can go to the VA Clinic any day to get the so-called vaccination but I won't do it since the whole thing from beginning to end has been a total hoax.

We will be chowing down on fish tacos and sucking on bottles of TKT at JJ's manana after catching a few dozen of those pesky almejas on the mud flats. Tonight we will be munching on a beef/spinache/cheese stromboli at Capones as well as slurping down several magaritas.

Hasta La Vista!

JJ

Jungle Jim

Well Known Member
Just in from another fabuloso PP long weekend.

No major issues with the Mexican so-called law enforcement. Sent to secondary when crossing the line at San Luis. The aduana kid in secondary recognized us and waved us thru without a peep inside or outside the truck. Same with the agricultural checkpoint at El Doctor. No sneaky cops hiding in the bushes entering El Golfo. We were pulled over at the second Biosphere pullout by a group of ten grubby looking Penasco Municipal cops. The same group of suspicious looking rats that gave us a good forty five minutes of bullshit there last month. This time they waved us thru as they were all involved with raiding and harassing a semi truck loaded with boxed papayas heading north. They had the two drivers unloading the whole truck, the cops probably wanted a only few cases of fruit for themselves.

We observed a most interesting weather phenomenon after leaving El Golfo. We could see a fog bank lifting a few feet above the cliffs along the Coastal Hwy so decided to drive over and check it out. The wind was blowing off the desert flats from the East with a temp of seventy plus degrees.

Another wind was blowing low over the water from the West off the Gulf in a cold low sixties. Where they met a heavy dark cold fog was rolling up the cliffs then blown back West to the Gulf then blown back down to the water and back to the cliffs again. It looked like a nonstop pipeline type wave that surfers seek all around the world. It extended all the way to Bahia Adair then out to sea towards Cholla Bay. I have a scientific grade rapid indicating thermometer and got a twelve degree temp difference standing on top of that cliff in just two or three feet distance from behind me then thrusting it into the fog.

Never had a single PP cop even look at us over the weekend as usual. Walked over to Capones Thursday night for dinner then decided to take-out as the Gringo drunks were in a full screaming and howling jackass mode. We had our sound blocking ear plugs handy as usual when dealing with that place. Did a steak that we smuggled in from Yuma on the barbie Friday night along with a bunch of fresh picked asparagus and some taters from the Fruiteria Sinaloa. Did a four course seafood delight with Cholla Bay fresh caught clams and giant white camarones, flounder and scallops from Jessie's with a side of a beet steamed in foil on the barbie.

No problemas on the homeward journey. The boy soldiers at the El Doctor military checkpoint just waved us thru. Kept my Raptor speed just at 100 mph., coming and going. Had a nice three and a half hour wait at the San Luis crossing to get back into the FUSA. Saw many new border jumpers heading North. Mostly four foot tall pot bellied dark Indios from Guatemala and Honduras on their way to enrich our culture with their much desired knowledge of the art of taking advantage of the windfalls like snoozing all day under a Coco Palm or Mango Tree until one falls to the ground with a thump then leaping up to take claim from the dozens of others waiting under the same tree. Coming soon to your town to feed, house, clothe and medicate at your expense.

Later,

JJ

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
Don't forget that I got banded from the forum for most of last year. Don't even know why since the "moderator" is too spineless to fess up. Just a taste of the commie crap coming to you and yours and our so called "free speech".
You have a VERY bad habit of letting your "free speech" turn into extremely obnoxious racist drivel. Personally, you do you. But when the report queue fills up due to one of your racist rants, expect to take a vacation.

Simple as that, really.

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
You have a VERY bad habit of letting your "free speech" turn into extremely obnoxious racist drivel. Personally, you do you. But when the report queue fills up due to one of your racist rants, expect to take a vacation.

Simple as that, really.
I mean free speech exists... repercussions from said speech still exist too...