Back to School...

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
Wut chu talkin' 'bout, Willis? LOL! You are a brunette, I'm a redhead....Where did these math deficiencies come from?

Ah, Joe..........who's going to get slapped now?????? Come on all you blondes...........let 'im have it!!!!! At least I had a life then.... and I have one now:har:. How 'bout you mister " :getlife:"????? :rofl:

:thumbsup: Had a visit with my amigo InkaRoads last evening... and Inks brought us enough notebooks, crayons and gluesticks to supply an entire classroom... Thank You Inks from Barb and I...

Ah, Joe..........who's going to get slapped now?????? Come on all you blondes...........let 'im have it!!!!! At least I had a life then.... and I have one now. How 'bout you mister " :getlife:"????? :rofl:
Julie....I tried going "cold turkey"....and couldn't take the pain...so I've been cutting back gradually!!!

So all you blondes (or ex blondes)....let me have it.....Ahhhhh I love it!!! :moon::moon:

Last edited:
Mark Went to Walmart and bought 4 cases (100 ) spiral pads at .15 ea. Then to Big Lots and bought more pads at .10 ea but they have a 10 pad per person limit so we could only buy 20 pads. I tried sweet talking the manager but she was tough. She told me to just keep comming in and getting the 10 at a time. We will keep it up and get more. We have not been able to find pencils at any discount.
If anyone comes across any special prices keep us all informed . We will not get down until after school starts but I am sure they are needed all the time.
If someone is going down sooner and wants to stop by and pick them up I have no problem with that. Coordinate through Mark

Mark Went to Walmart and bought 4 cases (100 ) spiral pads at .15 ea. Then to Big Lots and bought more pads at .10 ea but they have a 10 pad per person limit so we could only buy 20 pads. I tried sweet talking the manager but she was tough. She told me to just keep comming in and getting the 10 at a time. We will keep it up and get more. We have not been able to find pencils at any discount.
If anyone comes across any special prices keep us all informed . We will not get down until after school starts but I am sure they are needed all the time.
If someone is going down sooner and wants to stop by and pick them up I have no problem with that. Coordinate through Mark
Thank You Bill & Edna... School should be getting back in sesson around the 23rd of August... the Gov. will start to issue school uniforms this week (as I am told) it's still kind of unclear as to how many uniforms the students will be given and if they will need to purchase additional uniforms, I have been told it would be at half price... (half price is still too much for a child who has nothing but wants to learn)

Roberto

Mark;
Could you please describe what is considered a 'uniform' for Penasco schools. Type and color shirt pants, skirt?
Thanks in advance.

Mark;
Could you please describe what is considered a 'uniform' for Penasco schools. Type and color shirt pants, skirt?
Thanks in advance.
Roberto... I haven't heard for sure, but the schools may be going to just one color (brown checkered) pants and skirts for all schools, with the white polo type shirts... I will get a more definate answer and post it soon...

Mark;
Thanks in advance.
Roberto... we were told that the uniforms that are being issued are of various colors, same as they have been in the past... students are issued one pair of pants or a skirt, a white polo type shirt and a navy blue sweater for the cooler months...

A Big Thanks to the Rocky Point Times... they have always placed a small ad with the contact info for our "Adopt-A-Classroom of Puerto Penasco" in the Classifieds section of the paper, but in the August edition on page 32 they have listed our mission statement in a 1/4 page article... Thanks again to all for your help...... The fight against poverty begins with education...

Last week I said... "anyone that brings us a case of spiral notebooks I will buy you a beer" yesterday our friends Harold a.k.a. trade & his wife Kathy donated 10 cases of notebooks, but they brought down a total of 35 cases of notebooks 960 pencils, 30 packs of colored pencils and 80 gluesticks... I think I owe you guys a keg of beer, wait you don't drink.... we'll do lunch...

25 cases of notebooks and the other items were purchased with some of the money that was raised on our Memorial Day Bird Island Fund Raiser for the Schools...

UPDATE... This just in from the beach...

Notebooks... Notebooks... Notebooks... and more Notebooks... our friends Julie a.k.a. beachgirl & her husband Bruce, brought down more notebooks and other school supplies... the pile is getting larger, our living space is getting smaller as our storage and living rooms are filling with school supplies... this is looking to be a banner year for collecting supplies for the schools... Thank you to all who have helped... =]

Roberto

SEA, clear out some room for two big boxes of notebooks and some white polos and other supplies someone dropped off at the Twin Dolphins office today. Thanks to whoever it was !! I was not in at the time so I did not get a name.

Do you wanna pick up or want me to deliver? We can store the stuff here for awhile if that would help.