Bahia San Jorge estuaries to be protected.

La Huerita

Well Known Member
Well, hopefully at least. A press release from CEDO has announced that the wetlands at Bahía San Jorge were named as one of seven new sites in the List of Wetlands of International Importance of the Ramsar Convention in 2010.

The declaration of Bahía San Jorge’s wetlands as “Wetlands of International Importance” increases support for sustainable use. This declaration helps protect its ecological integrity, while continuing to maintain important ecological functions and environmental services like the fisheries productivity and nutrient budget. According to the Intercultural Center for the Studies of Deserts and Oceans, CEDO, “it is very important that the ejidos could take advantage of this designation”, so they recommend “to work together with them in order to look for economic and ecologic improvements”. The benefits of the conservation of this and other wetlands are very important for the fisheries and aquaculture of the region.
I think that's good news. You can see the whole press release at The Tides: http://rptides.blogspot.com/2010/02/intercultural-center-for-study-of.html
:fish:

Kenny

Well Known Member
That's great news! Lets keep our fingers crossed. There are more than a few of us, including friends who live in PP, that love that place for a lot of different reasons.

Kenny

Well Known Member
Santo Tomas-209.jpgJerry's annual 6-2009 016.jpgPICT0002.jpgOctober6 (2).jpgOctober5 (2).jpgThese are some pictures just on the other side (north) of the big peninsula that creates San Jorge estuary..If you look in the background you can see it. We drive there from Jerry's place, and fish this little estuary on the north side. It's about a 14 mile drive right on the beach to get there.

Last edited:

jerry

Well Known Member
Kenny holy crap they are trying to sell the marsh behind the spit!!!! Wait till people start wading across the mudflats to get to the old condo.....

Brad47

This is what they, (we) are fighting against. http://bahiasanjorge.com/
I would sure think there is enough developable land in close proximety to existing development without having to scare virgin beaches and estuary. Cant imagine why they would want to develop that far south other then they already own the land. Thats a fight worth fighting.

jerry

Well Known Member
Brad the other problem with that land is there is a fight between landowners and the road is often blocked. Nice web site though!
I would sure think there is enough developable land in close proximety to existing development without having to scare virgin beaches and estuary. Cant imagine why they would want to develop that far south other then they already own the land. Thats a fight worth fighting.

the property described is at San Franscisquito Estuary[excuse the spelling if it is wrong] Just talked to the owners and the property is not REPEAT IS NOT at lapinta. it is not near the Matan PALACE BUT IS DOWN THE COAST ANOTHER 25 TO 30 KILOMETERS. had me worried for a little bit. sounds like it is close to Desemboque.

Kenny

Well Known Member
the property described is at San Franscisquito Estuary[excuse the spelling if it is wrong] Just talked to the owners and the property is not REPEAT IS NOT at lapinta. it is not near the Matan PALACE BUT IS DOWN THE COAST ANOTHER 25 TO 30 KILOMETERS. had me worried for a little bit. sounds like it is close to Desemboque.
No one said it was, or that it was even close to La Pinta, but it's probably 30 miles north of Desemboque. If you look at this site ihttp://bahiasanjorge.com/ it's clear where it's at. I know why you might be worried though. How about a update on your trailer Park. I saw it listed on a site when I was surfing around the other day.

Kenny

Last edited:
park is kind of sitting there being lonely. Becky is around most days and nights. the road is in great shape and we welcome all to come and visit. we have several trailers and quite a few spaces available. plenty of beach to comb and ride your four wheelers and jeeps and dune buggies on. if you are tough you can launch boats and seadoos at LaPinta.

Kenny

Well Known Member
stop by more often with updates.

park is kind of sitting there being lonely. Becky is around most days and nights. the road is in great shape and we welcome all to come and visit. we have several trailers and quite a few spaces available. plenty of beach to comb and ride your four wheelers and jeeps and dune buggies on. if you are tough you can launch boats and seadoos at LaPinta.
We're getting new people on here all the time, so you need to stop by more often and let people know they have a option a little south of town. Put it in advertising, give us updates...find any excuse... Heck, tell us how the shore fishing is in the fishing section.

Kenny

Last edited: