Baja Arizona. Let's Make This Happen!

These Phx politicians keep bitching about illegals causing all sorts of trouble? Fine, let's take that border away. We'll deal with it. Now if we could just bargain with Mexico and take the chunk that includes Penasco!

"SOS is a Committee dedicated to creating the 51st American state in Southern Arizona. Co-Chairs: Paul Eckerstrom, Peter Hormel. Treasurer: David Euchner.

Subcommittees are in the process of formation. There is much work to be done. Contributions and volunteers will be welcomed."

http://www.facebook.com/startourstate
http://azstarnet.com/article_c2787d7e-fbcb-501f-af4b-c85d4da7ac62.html

jerry

In one version of the act of armed robbery known as the Gadsden Purchase we would have gotten Baja too....Damn it's like the Iraq war...if we are stealing the oil lets make sure we really get the oil... Baja could have been ours cheap later in one of the other versions of the Gadsden deal.
http://www.statemuseum.arizona.edu/exhibits/treaty_guadalupe_hidalgo/index.shtml Has the Treaty of Guadalupe docs...really interesting
I think Pima County,Western Sonora and anyone from anywhere else in the world with a million bucks should build a new county...The nation of Pacifico is my working name..armed but nice will be our motto,

Saw one newscast on the topic yesterday....showing the new state as a donut, with the donut hole (Maricopa county) as the only part of AZ remaining.

azfish

I see it just Pima county, if we are going for a piece of Mexico on the water, Im all for it. Let go for the whole Baja.

Last edited:

moore_rb

Stay Thirsty My Friends
How about if, instead of constantly trying to re-draw lines on maps, people focused their energies on living free...?

I mean, a state's (or nation's) problems do not begin until that state or nation is drawn somewhere on a map, right?

It starts out as some bizarre tribal pride, and then the colors form on a flag, and then patriotism takes hold.

Soon governments form, then bureaucracies follow, then taxation (of course).

It's about this time that corruption takes hold, and soon after that the people realize that they are economic slaves, and the whole thing implodes.

It all starts with borders, and the attempt to keep "other people's problems" on their side of the fence and not spilling over onto "our" side of the fence.

It is, without question, completely retarded.

The only way to live free is if, as a free person, you are allowed to go where you would please. This world has a LONG way to go, unless the people wake up and realize that MORE lines on the maps do not solve problems at all.

Look at an image of the Western Hemisphere on Google Earth with the borders turned off. It all just looks green, brown, blue and white, doesn't it?

GRAFT, CORRUPTION AND POLITICS. WHAT A BUNCH OF CRAP. In the USA graft is a behind the back, under the table kind of thing and you know you have to pay but are not quite sure who.

In Mexico it is a lot more simple. The hand is extended right up front.

So what There is no difference graft and politics make it all bad and I am tired of all the bickering and phoney spending that takes my money and flushes it down the drain.

Another state, more new politicians, more new graft, bull shit.

I would rather just move to Mexico and live there. I don't see them spending vast pesos on some foolish, not really important thing, for a new study to see if there is to much traffic on some side street or anything like that. Our state and the fed need to run government like a business that must work withing its budget. So where do they think another state will be any benefit with another bureaucracy?
Yes I am rambling because it pis%$s me off.