Balboa's Restaurant

We have been eating at Balboa's for years and I've often heard it said that if you'd like to find a good restaurant "Ask the Locals or watch where they go to eat" I kinda tend to think we are locals after living here 14 years...

But this is more of a Thank You than a revue to Lily (owner) Rosie (our favorite waitress) and the girls in the kitchen at Balboa's who donated their time and expertise to make some children happy...

Yesterday (Easter) they started baking "empanadas de pina" for the kids in the barrio... but remember we had that earthquake... so they finished them up today and I just returned from delivering 75 to 80 fresh baked empanadas for the children at the "Esperanza Para Nuevo Vida Community Center" and they all made it there, except for 1... or 2... well maybe 3...

Anyway if you want to enjoy a view of the harbor and have a good meal, please stop in at Balboas and tell them I sent you...

Also... Thanks to Harold trade who provided the flour and sugar... :thumbsup:

Last edited:
A

azbeachboy

Mark,
We've been eating at Balboa's for years and have never had a bad meal. It's nice to sit outside and enjoy the harbor.

I confess. I got 2 of them and they were still hot and GREAT.
Like I said the girls at Balboa's made a lot of us kids real happy yesterday, Jim... you and Ron were everywhere yesterday like a couple of the kids... and if you throw Chuck azbeachboy :clown: into the mix, then the childishness really kicks in.... ain't it fun...

thanks for the comments "guys"... and I use that term loosely...

M

Mermaid of the Sea

Awesome to read all the great place's to eat...how much rain did I miss... ? stuck in phx..until next thur...eat some taco's & primerib for us.....

awww Kathy... sorry to hear that you're stuck up on the otherside... we are going to Balboas for breakfast Sunday wish you and Tom could be here to join us... we'll sea U when you get back home...

as for the rain... we got enough rain for Boo & Harley to track mud and dirt in the house for three days...

AZ ROB

Sorry we missed you Sunday Mark we had to get back home and put out some fires... I will admit the food is really good and I love the onions and peppers that come on the side...for sure "not like mom used to make"