Be Careful What You Rent and Who You Rent From!

Mentiras y Traición

Sonoran Goddess
Las Conchas, Section 2, Lot 308.
We have prevailed in the legal system (no surprise) but Francisco Hernandez Mandujano continues to rent our house out.

FCO.jpgDriveway4.jpgStairway3.jpgSW Back.jpg

This is my family's house and this individual is unlawfully occupying and using it for his own financial gain.

Please contact me or my sister, La Pequena Hermana, on this forum with any questions regarding this situation.

Thank you.

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
Oh wow! That was the house we rented last weekend and totally trashed!

(kidding, Sheryl!) :cluck:

When I was down last weekend for Rick Busa's baseball clinic for the kids, one of the people at the Las Palomas golf club was interested in me shooting his wedding in Feb. I asked where it would be to check out the location....lo and behold...it was Sheryl's place. So...the renting out continues!

BTW Sheryl, the outside is getting more and more run down. Obviously no maintenance! Couldn't really tell about the inside. And no, I'm not going to get the job! The price the local photographers are quoting wouldn't cover my expenses to come down for a weekend!....and this guy thought that was expensive!!!

garyd

When I was down last weekend for Rick Busa's baseball clinic for the kids, one of the people at the Las Palomas golf club was interested in me shooting his wedding in Feb. I asked where it would be to check out the location....lo and behold...it was Sheryl's place. So...the renting out continues!
BTW Sheryl, the outside is getting more and more run down. Obviously no maintenance! Couldn't really tell about the inside. And no, I'm not going to get the job! The price the local photographers are quoting wouldn't cover my expenses to come down for a weekend!....and this guy thought that was expensive!!!
This tragedy makes me glad I own a gated and guarded condo :veg:

jerry

our stuff just ends up owning us in the end....I was sitting up in the high dunes south of Santo Tomas reading Call of the Wild again last week while looking at the houses..big or small they all are nice in there own way but all and all a pup tent gets you closer to the real deal...

Mentiras y Traición

Sonoran Goddess
BTW Sheryl, the outside is getting more and more run down. Obviously no maintenance! Couldn't really tell about the inside. And no, I'm not going to get the job! The price the local photographers are quoting wouldn't cover my expenses to come down for a weekend!....and this guy thought that was expensive!!![/QUOTE]

Just more proof his claim of owning it is ridiculous. No pride of ownership there.

Mentiras y Traición

Sonoran Goddess
Isn't that what Las Conchas is supposed to be? Even with the trust in our name and absolutely no evidence to the contrary but hacked up papers, and now prevailing in the court case AND his appeal...the Homeowner's Association gave him the welcome mat and refused to help us. Heck, his ex-wife/step-sister, whatever she is/was, works in the Las Conchas offices. No wonder our records kept getting screwed up.

jerry

Maybe we should has a flash mob Occupy your house!
Isn't that what Las Conchas is supposed to be? Even with the trust in our name and absolutely no evidence to the contrary but hacked up papers, and now prevailing in the court case AND his appeal...the Homeowner's Association gave him the welcome mat and refused to help us. Heck, his ex-wife/step-sister, whatever she is/was, works in the Las Conchas offices. No wonder our records kept getting screwed up.

Jellyfish

Have you tried changing the locks and getting a security system installed?? I don't understand how someone can just use your house like that.

Jellyfish

As a matter of fact, I followed it through about 29 pages. I understand it is complicated but surely there must be a way to keep this guy out!!!

Mentiras y Traición

Sonoran Goddess
:confused:
Have you tried changing the locks and getting a security system installed?? I don't understand how someone can just use your house like that.
Our biggest roadblock to that has been the Las Conchas Homeowners Association. From the first night, they sided with the ladron...said they couldn't get involved...all sorts of lame excuses. Instead of looking to the fact that Mom had paid homeowners dues since the inception of the association and that she had a trust with a named beneficiary in the family, they took the position that the ladron showed them a "will" which has never been seen by anyone else (nor did it appear in the court case), and the fact that he was "seen" at our house for many years, so the thought he "belonged" there. Yea, it was not a lot of fun to drive by our house and get yelled at by the people squatting there, and then have the Las Conchas guards call the police on us for being there. Sirens blazing, stopping us in town...lots of fun. So if there is a lesson to be learned...change out your caretaker or gardner or even spouse every few years so the Las Conchas Homeowner's Association doesn't get confused by the facts. Apparently, its very easy for them to do!:?

Landshark

I can't even imagine how difficult this has been for you and your family. What a terrible thing to deal with at what to me is the happiest place in my life. The ladron was involved with the care of our home for a year or so a few years back. Thank God we were able to end that relationship when we did. You will win this battle. You are almost there. Hang on for a little longer and your paradise will return.