Best Sunsets Thread - Let's see your sunsets

Luna

Sea Shell Goddess
Have not been here for a while and felt the need to see something beautiful to "adjust my attitude." It worked!
Nothing beats a beautiful sunset/sunrise picture to make everything good again - except of course actually being there!
Keep them coming!

jerry

Well Known Member
We should start a flickr.com group.... share these images with the masses. It's free and a a great storage device for images. I've been on for a while and it's kind of cool to see the old pics too.

As a group, we could have a ton of fun in the name of casual photography.

Good idea, after posting a picture of the crashed fighter atvSanto Tomas it was put in a crashed plane group and I met some great guys that came down to see the plane,eat Mexican food and drink a few beers at sunset

https://www.flickr.com/people/stephenheisler
https://www.flickr.com/photos/corvid/4535491280/in/pool-planewrecks/

jerry

Well Known Member
image.jpg

Any photographers know how to avoid the yellow coloring that is not really in the scene but shows up on crappy digital cameras like mine?

DRDTbone

View attachment 6899

Any photographers know how to avoid the yellow coloring that is not really in the scene but shows up on crappy digital cameras like mine?
Like the sky wasn't actually yellow? You can definitely pull it out of the photo in Digital Photo Professional or Photoshop or any other image editing software. If you're able to change the white balance in the camera, try changing that until you get the preview to look like what you want.

brokenwave

Well Known Member
View attachment 6899

Most digital cameras can't handle the exposure range of sunsets and sunrises, pro cameras are a bit better. The trick is to wait about 15-25 minutes
after the sun goes down or before it rises (called the golden moment) or make sure the sun is behind some clouds to reduce the dynamic range of the scene.
Also make sure you white balance is set to Auto or daylight.

I did a quick adjust in Photoshop to show what your pic is capable of with processing. This is Jerry's image!!!image.jpg

Last edited:

jerry

Well Known Member
Most digital cameras can't handle the exposure range of sunsets and sunrises, pro cameras are a bit better. The trick is to wait about 15-25 minutes
after the sun goes down or before it rises (called the golden moment) or make sure the sun is behind some clouds to reduce the dynamic range of the scene.
Also make sure you white balance is set to Auto or daylight.

I did a quick adjust in Photoshop to show what your pic is capable of with processing. This is Jerry's image!!!View attachment 6908
amazing...that is what it looked like before my cheap ass camera turned it yellow....thanks Brokenwave!