Beware the Grouper in the ocean! You might end up in a 3rd world fishing tournament!

moore_rb

Stay Thirsty My Friends
Last Saturday, we went out fishing and my friend Ed stuck his hand up into the razor sharp gills of a 76 pound grouper, and now he has some really bad cuts that are infected.

When I asked the fishing tournament director to pay the bill since the fish was caught during HIS tournament, he refused to help us out...

I shot a video of the whole thing:

hehehehe.... how's that for a little :stir:

(Ok, for anyone who hasn't seen the pool slide thread- this is all pure satire. Even though those fish did chop our hands up pretty good (part of the cost of a GREAT day fishing), we did NOT really ask anyone else to pay for medical care - I'm just being a smart-ass :clown:)

jerry

R Moore... Gear wise etc. what would have avoided this injury. I have these know it all lake fishermen coming down that might need some forum smarts...

Tedram

Tedram
Ahhhhh--- Robert--- Great Post!!!! You just need to make a really cool overly dramatic video filled with a bunch of lies about a 3rd world country and how the tour boat fishing companies are in it to stick it to common senseless Lemmings standing in line for a free hand out for not taking personal responsibility for thier own stupid actions....... just saying.

Ahhhhh--- Robert--- Great Post!!!! You just need to make a really cool overly dramatic video filled with a bunch of lies about a 3rd world country and how the tour boat fishing companies are in it to stick it to common senseless Lemmings standing in line for a free hand out for not taking personal responsibility for thier own stupid actions....... just saying.
With pics of the Fiesta Cruiser in the background.....

moore_rb

Stay Thirsty My Friends
HAHAHA... the Fiesta Boozer is gone!.... the "thugs" chopped that thing up good and forever. There's not a trace of it left.

However, for everyone wondering where we caught all those fish, I'll just say that the Fiesta Cruiser is not the only Shipwreck within fishing distance of Rocky Point .... :wink:

moore_rb

Stay Thirsty My Friends
R Moore... Gear wise etc. what would have avoided this injury. I have these know it all lake fishermen coming down that might need some forum smarts...

Heavy Duty gear- We use stand up Tuna Rods rated for 50-130 lb line, and reels capable of 40 pounds+ of drag pressure, and offshore hooks in the 8/0 to 12/0 size range...

Tell your friends to talk to Seadweller about getting on a boat - (assuming he will still agree to help them out after finding out they are YOUR friends {snicker} :))

az-dan

Oh no an OSHA violation. To process fish to must have 7mm kevlar reinfoced gloves and where is the air conditioner if it's over 80?

HAHAHA... the Fiesta Boozer is gone!.... the "thugs" chopped that thing up good and forever. There's not a trace of it left.

However, for everyone wondering where we caught all those fish, I'll just say that the Fiesta Cruiser is not the only Shipwreck within fishing distance of Rocky Point .... :wink:
There are still plenty of pics out there of the Fiesta Boozer shipwreck.....

jerry

Heavy Duty gear- We use stand up Tuna Rods rated for 50-130 lb line, and reels capable of 40 pounds+ of drag pressure, and offshore hooks in the 8/0 to 12/0 size range...

Tell your friends to talk to Seadweller about getting on a boat - (assuming he will still agree to help them out after finding out they are YOUR friends {snicker} :))
Hmmm. think I'd get out ok...getting back well???? I think it will be cool but I most likely won't see his turn water into wine trick

GV Jack

Snorin God
Hmmm. think I'd get out ok...getting back well???? I think it will be cool but I most likely won't see his turn water into wine trick
Yeah, but you've got one thing going for you...you can always walk back to shore.

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
Cut my finger yesterday on a grouper gill plate while filleting it. I am now on a personal mission to hunt down and kill this dangerous species everywhere they exist.

GV Jack

Snorin God
Cut my finger yesterday on a grouper gill plate while filleting it. I am now on a personal mission to hunt down and kill this dangerous species everywhere they exist.
I know a good lawyer. (Is that an oxymoron or am I?)