Beware the slide pool at the Sonoran Sky!You may end up in a 3rd world clinic!!

jerry

Only one question: What was the "victims" Blood Alcohol Percentage (BAC %) before he went down the slide? Case closed!
we do like to blame the victim.In some ways it's justified but in other cases it's just right wing bootlicking.Sucking up to power and denigrating the states place in protecting the people is a game played by the forces that want to bring us back to the good old days...the Middle Ages
When my honey was dragged down the beach by my new kiteboarding super kite a few years ago I could have laughed at her for fastening the Velcro band around her wrist. I instead blamed myself and pampered her for the rest of the day.Next time a smart guy like Jim will do the same...hey it is just a bs trick to avoid a fight but what's the harm? oh I'd fix the slide signage too...

Last edited:

MIRAMAR

it's just right wing bootlicking
Seriously Jerry, does EVERY post have to be injected with political spin? As the late Rodney King said "Can't we all just get along?" or at least agree to disagree and keep the politics in the "Rants and Raves" section.

jerry

Seriously Jerry, does EVERY post have to be injected with political spin? As the late Rodney King said "Can't we all just get along?" or at least agree to disagree and keep the politics in the "Rants and Raves" section.
. well Miramar the problem is the right wing silent dog whistles and stuff like posting pictures of Michelle next to a monkey are a form of bullying group think. Some people ignore it while some chose to educate the opposition or just insult them back ...not in a mean way but hey politics is part of life.

MIRAMAR

I already am looking at the BS over there. But since this is the Trip Report Section, unless Barack Obama or Mitt Romney visits Penasco, it seems any political talk should be kept out of this section and over in Rants and Raves.

. well Miramar the problem is the right wing silent dog whistles and stuff like posting pictures of Michelle next to a monkey are a form of bullying group think. Some people ignore it while some chose to educate the opposition or just insult them back ...not in a mean way but hey politics is part of life.
and your posts are not a form of bullying group think....of the libtard type? Just about every thread you post in has some form of political twist.

jerry

Hey I'm just glad to be home and would give you a big hug if I could Joe. Miramar how can you not have politics enter issues like this one? I have dealt with these issues quite a bit when I was fabricating constructive objects for public spaces over the last 20 years. it's tricky stuff and i have been on both sides in court cases over a fall from something cool...it is a balancing act...shades of grey..

Hey I'm just glad to be home and would give you a big hug if I could Joe. Miramar how can you not have politics enter issues like this one? I have dealt with these issues quite a bit when I was fabricating constructive objects for public spaces over the last 20 years. it's tricky stuff and i have been on both sides in court cases over a fall from something cool...it is a balancing act...shades of grey..
OMG....the libtard (sorry Mark, I think it fits in this case) actually believes there is such a thing as grey, and shades of grey....not black and white as he "sees" everything when it suits his purpose!!!

jerry

Going down a slide has to do w/ politics? I'm going back to work- done w/ this thread.
Yes it does...you didn't complain when Paulista yet well rounded thinker Mr. moore spoke out.Someone being injured like my friend that broke his neck on a Mexican parasail then was saved by street kids while the boat drove away do have rights.In Mexico they just don't have enough safety laws while we seem to have too many. I was at the coolest 1930s amusement park in Vienna that could not legally operate in the USA. the old rides are just to dangerous but screw that...they are awesome..Finding the right balance is an art.

Yes it does...you didn't complain when Paulista yet well rounded thinker Mr. moore spoke out.Someone being injured like my friend that broke his neck on a Mexican parasail then was saved by street kids while the boat drove away do have rights.In Mexico they just don't have enough safety laws while we seem to have too many. I was at the coolest 1930s amusement park in Vienna that could not legally operate in the USA. the old rides are just to dangerous but screw that...they are awesome..Finding the right balance is an art.
And who would you have blamed if the ride collapsed and you got hurt?

Every thread gets some off the wall/inapplicable/innapropriate posts (you're the poster boy for that)...but most of the comments in this thread came back to the individual's responsibility for his own safety!

Kenny

but most of the comments in this thread came back to the individual's responsibility for his own safety!
True in this case Joe, but after spending most of my life in the trades I'm a big fan of OSHA. Without OSHA there is no question that I'd be either crippled or dead, and there is also no question that the soulless corporations I worked for would only be concerned about the bottom line, and not me, if I had.

True in this case Joe, but after spending most of my life in the trades I'm a big fan of OSHA. Without OSHA there is no question that I'd be either crippled or dead, and there is also no question that the soulless corporations I worked for would only be concerned about the bottom line, and not me, if I had.
Kenny...this thread was about a specific situation....in Mexico.....and OSHA has nothing to do with the discussion.....it has to do with an individual's responsibility for himself and the consequences for his actions. No one is even suggesting that we shouldn't have OSHA....is there even anything comparable in Mexico?

Jerry...blow it out your ass...oh...that's right....ass = mouth in your case. You don't know me, and haven't the faintest idea of what jobs I may have had!

jerry

it has to do with an injury on a playground .I said it's a close call. I can't see why you are so mad...bad day at the office?

jerry

here is an example of a similar but nearly fatal case. We build a building front and a mining camp bar that we placed on a back street at old Tucson for a sub hired by Stewart Coplin of the rock band The police.It was a fun job and as me and the crew were tearing it down a wind came up and caused it to fall forward nearly killing two tourists from New Jersey who crossed under a yellow tape to take a look.We never took short cuts after that moment because jail and bankruptcy awaits people that put the general public in danger...even the stupid ones..

it has to do with an injury on a playground .I said it's a close call. I can't see why you are so mad...bad day at the office?
playground???? what playground....this was about a water slide...at a pool....in Mexico......where the individual had no business going down a kid's slide, and head first......and yes, it's a kid's slide...the OP even shot himself by posting the link to the Sonoran video!

Mad?....you don't want to see me mad....just fed up with your usual BS and libtard attack tactics...starting with your first post back.....

jerry

but Dan what if your kid went for a ride on a atv and ended up with a broken back after flipping over while following a tour leader up a unsafe route up a dune? in a wheel chair for life with all those bills and you wouldn't sue?
I stayed at the Sky several years ago and my grandkids worethe slide out while we were there and never got injured. I wanted to go downthe slide, in fact my granddaughter ask me to go with her but it was obviously designedfor kids and kids were using it so I knew better. Also since I was in the poolcatching them so they could make it to the edge I knew it was too shallow foran adult. Maybe I knew better because of the many times when I was younger Ilearned what happened when I didn’t think. Age does that to us old people ittakes us longer to heal. If I rode a jet ski and fell off and got hurt I wouldnot ask the owner of the jet ski to be responsible because I wasn’t warned ofthe risk. When I was there 2 weeks ago a kid got stung by jellyfish should theresort pay for the medical treatment? If so where do you draw the line?