Beware thefts and scams

The city is now full of tourists, 99 % of whom are Mexicans.

Be extra careful for the next 5 days. There have been already serious break-ins and thefts. Ask the gringo with a beach home in Las Conchas about them cleaning out his entire house in 6 hours today, including sinks, toilets, switches and plugs, all cabinets, etc. His claim ,to a local evasive insurance agent, will be around 65,000 usd and will take months. The insurance agent will give him the perpetual 3 week mexican shuffle, hoping he gives up and goes away. The agent will promise to call him back....ya, ok....it won't happen. The agent will get a kickback from the adjuster.

Just 1 hr ago I caught one on my patio using my water faucet to clean his feet. He thought I was not home. Last week they stole 2 big boat batteries from my garage. 4 weeks ago they went into my fenced and secured yard and stole the wheels off 2 ultility trailers, plus a meter base, underground copper wire, etc, etc. These people will steal the air out of your tires if they get a chance, and offer to refill them for a fee. The big problem is they feel entitled and righteous to rob gringos, all while they are very pious and religious every Sunday in their churches and temples. Our cleaning lady had her van battery stolen a while ago while she was in church in the old port on a Sunday morning.

Do not ever give any of them any money credit or loan, unless you actually intend it to be a gift. You will not get repaid. The town is full of scammers, who all seem to have a relative suffering from a major illness and who needs an operation (and cash).

playaperro

El Pirata

Be extra careful for the next 5 days. There have been already serious break-ins and thefts. Ask the gringo with a beach home in Las Conchas about them cleaning out his entire house in 6 hours today, including sinks, toilets, switches and plugs, all cabinets, etc. His claim ,to a local evasive insurance agent, will be around 65,000 usd and will take months. The insurance agent will give him the perpetual 3 week mexican shuffle, hoping he gives up and goes away. The agent will promise to call him back....ya, ok....it won't happen. The agent will get a kickback from the adjuster.

Just 1 hr ago I caught one on my patio using my water faucet to clean his feet. He thought I was not home. Last week they stole 2 big boat batteries from my garage. 4 weeks ago they went into my fenced and secured yard and stole the wheels off 2 ultility trailers, plus a meter base, underground copper wire, etc, etc. These people will steal the air out of your tires if they get a chance, and offer to refill them for a fee. The big problem is they feel entitled and righteous to rob gringos, all while they are very pious and religious every Sunday in their churches and temples. Our cleaning lady had her van battery stolen a while ago while she was in church in the old port on a Sunday morning.

Do not ever give any of them any money credit or loan, unless you actually intend it to be a gift. You will not get repaid. The town is full of scammers, who all seem to have a relative suffering from a major illness and who needs an operation (and cash).
ok

That's precisely why I work hard at not being evasive. I hope your friend in Las Conchas is compensated for his loss.

Portugal?????

playaperro

El Pirata
A Native or National in a vehicle may not leave Las Conchas with any household Items without a gift letter. They have monitors recording who comes in and out.
They used the same tactics as the border patrol to control movement from the desert-sandy road. They got away with $65,000 of loot. unbelievable....

Mentiras y Traición

Sonoran Goddess
A Native or National in a vehicle may not leave Las Conchas with any household Items without a gift letter. They have monitors recording who comes in and out.
They used the same tactics as the border patrol to control movement from the desert-sandy road. They got away with $65,000 of loot. unbelievable....
Yea, now try to enforce it. Depends on who you know and how much $ you have in your pockets at the gate. Hernandez got our whole house while Las Conchas looked the other way...and they still have his employees working for Las Conchas...at the office...and nobody knows how our "information" gets changed?:eek:strich::eek:strich::eek:strich::eek:strich::eek:strich:

playaperro

El Pirata
Yea I agree with you Sheryl, How can Arturo just come out and say he saw the will when there never was one. He is wrong taking side he should save face and
call in the paperwork. I saw your reply on the other thread. I was just opening up an old can of worms with that ?. Hows your coffee this morning Arturo?

Mentiras y Traición

Sonoran Goddess
Yea I agree with you Sheryl, How can Arturo just come out and say he saw the will when there never was one. He is wrong taking side he should save face and
call in the paperwork. I saw your reply on the other thread. I was just opening up an old can of worms with that ?. Hows your coffee this morning Arturo?
It's not an old can of worms to us, Playa, it's current and ongoing. Ånd it's not just a can of worms, it's a barrel of big, slimy Amazonian Anacondas!

Last edited: