Big fish

28 hours? For me that great fish would still be in the ocean. Great catch but what a loss of something that lived that long.

Roberto

28 hours? For me that great fish would still be in the ocean. Great catch but what a loss of something that lived that long.
Agreed. Every time I hear about catching the monsters I think 'take a picture, might be the last one". I had a book on the history of hunting in the US. There were lots of photos of the side of a barn covered with hanging fowl, deer, bear, anything they could kill over a couple of days of hunting and the proud hunters standing by with their guns and smiles. Naw, could never kill all those carrier pigeons. The flocks were so large they said they would darked the sky for days when passing.

jerry

I've recently been scouting (local straw buyer to keep the price low) for a guy looking for a large piece of land in Southeast Arizona to use as a Sanctuary/breeding area for Southern White Rinos (the big Northern are to far gone)This guy started as a trophy hunter before he knew better..at 2k a horn these Rinos are toast in Africa(frigging chinos and Koreans again) but maybe Redneck Arizona is good for something after all!
Agreed. Every time I hear about catching the monsters I think 'take a picture, might be the last one". I had a book on the history of hunting in the US. There were lots of photos of the side of a barn covered with hanging fowl, deer, bear, anything they could kill over a couple of days of hunting and the proud hunters standing by with their guns and smiles. Naw, could never kill all those carrier pigeons. The flocks were so large they said they would darked the sky for days when passing.

cheatka

I hope you're sucessful, there are so many animals out there that will be gone soon. They restored the wolves in Yellowstone and now Yellowstone is once again almost a perfect ecosystem (except for the trout lake that someone introduced that are now wiping out the native fish) but now Idaho & Wyoming have enacted a "shoot on sight" policy. aholes

Talk to the people at "Out of Africa"

Last edited:

Roberto

Jerry Sez: I've recently been scouting (local straw buyer to keep the price low) for a guy looking for a large piece of land in Southeast Arizona to use as a Sanctuary/breeding area for Southern White Rinos (the big Northern are to far gone)This guy started as a trophy hunter before he knew better..at 2k a horn these Rinos are toast in Africa(frigging chinos and Koreans again) but maybe Redneck Arizona is good for something after all!

Ha, Rino rustling will be popular then !!

audsley

Southeast Arizona should be stocked with native pronghorn antelope, not African rhinos. The future of the African rhino can best be assured through tourism including trophy hunting. Both black and white rhinos have seemed headed toward extinction at various times, but they've always been able to recover with help from conservationists which, again, includes hunters.

I have no idea how rhinos would interact with southern Arizona soils, grasses and other native flora and fauna, but my guess is not very well. The rhinos might get along reasonably well, but the rest of the eco-system would probably be in for a shock. Plants and animals co-evolve in areas where they co-exist. Moving a high-impact critter like a rhino into Arizona could have domino effects on the landscape. Better to save the rhino in its native habitat.

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
Another couple weeks and that fish could of been worth millions of dollars in the Bisbee. That is the ONLY reason I would have kept it. 3 days fishing the Labor Day Invitational Billfish Tournament in San Carlos, lots of billfish caught and RELEASED, not one fish hanging at the dock. My kind of tournament!

lagrimas85

AKA Carnac
Another couple weeks and that fish could of been worth millions of dollars in the Bisbee. That is the ONLY reason I would have kept it. 3 days fishing the Labor Day Invitational Billfish Tournament in San Carlos, lots of billfish caught and RELEASED, not one fish hanging at the dock. My kind of tournament!
2006, the prize was almost 4 million, for the boat Bad Company. If you get in all the jackpot's, along with the entry fee, you are looking at $7000.00 dllrs average per person, just to get in the tournament. That fee is for everybody on the boat, the captain and deck hand's included whether they fish or not. the average boat pay's about $50,000.00 to fish. I was lucky enought to fish that year, a hurricane hit Cabo and the tourney was shortened from three day's to 2 day's in 2006. We took 3rd place for point's, all 3 of our fished were released. 2 saifish and 1 small marlin. 600 point's

Last edited: