Big Wind Sale

joester

2 salty dawgs
I've worked all over Arizona, especially the southern border this year, and it seems like there has been more wind than usual statewide, day after day. it was nice in the spring, but now in the heat it often feels hotter when it's windy.
so here's a thought to linger over: in cooler weather, the breeze creates what's known as a wind chill factor. In the extreme heat - is there such a thing as a wind heat factor? I know the wind helps cool you by increasing the evaporation on your skin, but sometimes at 115+ - the breeze actually makes me feel hotter. 3 more months......

GV Jack

Snorin God
I've worked all over Arizona, especially the southern border this year, and it seems like there has been more wind than usual statewide, day after day. it was nice in the spring, but now in the heat it often feels hotter when it's windy.
so here's a thought to linger over: in cooler weather, the breeze creates what's known as a wind chill factor. In the extreme heat - is there such a thing as a wind heat factor? I know the wind helps cool you by increasing the evaporation on your skin, but sometimes at 115+ - the breeze actually makes me feel hotter. 3 more months......
You mean kind of like standing in front of a big hair dryer which is something of which I have a vague memory.

In fact now that you mention it, all my memories are vague.

jerry

At Least There's A Breeze: Wind and Heat still from the greatest pulp fiction writer of them all [h=1]“There was a desert wind blowing that night. It was one of those hot dry Santa Anas that come down through the mountain passes and curl your hair and make your nerves jump and your skin itch. On nights like that every booze party ends in a fight. Meek little wives feel the edge of the carving knife and study their husbands' necks. Anything can happen. You can even get a full glass of beer at a cocktail lounge.”[/h]